Dewalt mitre saw

mgsontour

Depends if its for hobby or trade. You won't go wrong with a dewalt tbh, every dewalt I've used has been sound and accurate out the box. I've a cheap einhell and I wouldn't trust it to make a square cut in anything over a inch thick. Junk. But then it cost nothing, only some bushes. 

But also the 'evolution' saws are good as well for the money, accurate, no movement and a handy blade that cuts most stuff. That's what I'd be looking at hobby wise for that money or under, probably save dollar to get the stand as well. 

Try a search in local auctions. Stuff like this often goes for a third or less of its original price. I bought a chop saw similar from a local chattels auction last year for not even £20. OK no laser but I've always cut as I was taught now fifty years ago to a pencil line or scribed line.

Edited by enfieldspares

I have a few evolution saws: mini flip table/chop saw, circ saw, sliding chop saw, table saw. Get used a lot for cutting steel,channel and tray. Also made some furniture for daughter. They have never let me down. On the other hande their 4 function drill fell apart after 1 day, swapped out under warrantynwithin 24 hours ( sacrificial purchase as I was working in a dodgy area  so didnt mind if it got nicked).   Mini belt sander....great until you want spare belts and they are non standard

My ethos was always go for something [tool wise] slightly better than you think you need. Buy cheap, buy twice 🤔

Out of the two in your options, I'd go for the Dewalt 👍

Actually I'd get a Bosch, but that's just my personal choice 😁

• 2 weeks later...