ATA Airborne

alan123shooting

Having owned an ATA shotgun for while now and being extremely happy with it, I have owned an Air Arms TX200 air rifle I was finding due to a touch of arthritis, it was becoming difficult to load as it was a .177 I sold it and had the princely sum of £400 to spend. So looking about I came across the ATA Airborne a pcp air rifle for £399. Looking at a number of reviews which all were very very positive, a regulated pcp air rifle, walnut stock two 12 shot mags and a potential 300 shots from one fill and all for under £400 the rifle reviewed was available only in .22, .177 will be available later .  I decided to take the plunge I tried everywhere, but were sold out all over eventually I found one at  On target Range  at Northampton, as a side note great set up very good to deal with, anyway , the rifle comes with two mags, moderator and spare seals. The scope rail is of a picatinny type so fitted a scope I already had a Hawke sidewinder I use on my sako quad but don’t use. Well it’s does exactly what it said on the tin after adjusting the trigger to my liking. The side leaver is smooth it has a good weight but balanced I have owned Air Arms 400 and 410 this is as good , set the target at 40 metres target shown was a full mag the flyers were my fault . It’s a well built accurate rifle for under £400 is a steal. ATA do it again 

306E8189-A35C-4720-86CF-FE44DB8EA381.jpeg

The set up 2D3453F8-A33B-4C32-9702-6FB460F16449.jpeg.c1c0bac0c2c87fea548e588389e8abfe.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2021 at 16:22, alan123shooting said:

Well done, how are finding it ?

It's in the shop. Blew the inlet valve straight away. Hope this ain't a sign of things to come. Thankfully i bought it at a shop which is **** hot at looking after it's customers so it's getting sorted ASAP and hopefully back within a week or so. If it wasn't under warranty I'd have done it myself. 

Still not actually put a pellet towards a target yet, just through the chrono. 11.1ftlb. Then it **** itself before I went to my plinking range... 

On 12/11/2021 at 22:04, alan123shooting said:

I got mine from Bagnell & kirkwood air gun spares, not cheap £11.95 plus postage but screws straight in 

Ace, was wondering where to find one 👍

45 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

It's in the shop. Blew the inlet valve straight away. Hope this ain't a sign of things to come. Thankfully i bought it at a shop which is **** hot at looking after it's customers so it's getting sorted ASAP and hopefully back within a week or so. If it wasn't under warranty I'd have done it myself. 

Still not actually put a pellet towards a target yet, just through the chrono. 11.1ftlb. Then it **** itself before I went to my plinking range... 

Ace, was wondering where to find one 👍

That’s a bit of a pain, to be fair I had to get a replacement quick fill adapter from day one, however you bound to get teething problems, let’s hope you get it back soon

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 17:16, Ken the cake said:

Had the ATA airborne just over a month very impressed only used on the range fitted bipod and hawke 6x24 -50 (eye’s not what they use to be) pigeons must know they seem to have disappeared 

Hello, are you finding the Hawke scope diopter not enough magnification ??

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/11/2021 at 20:36, alan123shooting said:

That’s a bit of a pain, to be fair I had to get a replacement quick fill adapter from day one, however you bound to get teething problems, let’s hope you get it back soon

Hello, seems ken is having filling problems what replacement adapter did you buy?

41 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, seems ken is having filling problems what replacement adapter did you buy?

41 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I contacted where I purchased it from,  On target range Ltd and they sent me a replacement FOC haven’t had a problem since 

368AE7C9-CFE6-44FD-AEF1-F6C61D26FC06.jpeg