Update to last post.

dead eye alan

As I entered the field I could tell that what I'd seen the day before was not happening but as it was only 10,30 I hoped it would be repeated later on. 15 birds in one spot in the worst place in the field, main road behind, foot path to the left, wind in my face! So unperturbed I set up some 200 yards further down in a safe position under one of yesterdays flight lines, usual set up 12 FUDs and my home made new bit of kit a riser. By 1.30 I had just 4 in the bag but past the time trying to work out how to modifier the riser from a 90 deg to about 70 deg lift. The wife then phoned to tell me she had a dental appointment at 3.00 which she had forgotten to tell me about! So had to cut my visit short added a further 2 to the bag and started to pack up when the phone rings again, this time its the farmer " is that you shooting" he asked yep its me I replied, your in the wrong place says he there down by the river going into a layed patch of barley! OK says I will check it out, drove over to said spot to see a constant line strait into the barley, had to work yesterday so no shooting but checked it out on the way home at 4.30 loads in the trees dividing the fields and a weak line in. Sooooooooooo today is another foray into battle with the elusive pigeon.   PS the 6 cost 14 carts. 😒 

THANKS for the update Alan , not very considerate of your good lady having a dentist appointment on the very day you want to go shooting , still we will excuse her this time but tell her in no uncertain terms , not to make it a habit :lol:, joking aside I hope all went well with the appointment .

24hrs is a long time at this time of the year when it comes to chasing Pigeons about , I have been leaving a field of Peas alone this week as I am letting a young chap who pick up on the shoot have a go today , I had a look a couple of times and a few were going on but nothing special , yesterday on the way out to have a look I soon found out why the numbers hadn't built up , yes you have guessed right , Barley , the field I passed was only knocked about and not laid , the Pigeons were dropping in wherever they felt fit and not being attracted by the pigeons that were already feeding away , not really a shooting possibility but this change of diet will be happening on other Barley fields as well , we had 60mil of rain last weekend with hardly a stem of Barley knocked down , now it is a bit heavier if we had the same thing this weekend it would certainly be a different story . GOOD LUCK anyone having a go today .