Bergara seat ?.

samboy

Hi gang

I'm thinking of buying one of these. So if anyone on here has one are they any good and are they worth the money ?..

I need something light with adjustable legs. Getting a bit of a struggle lifting myself off the bean bag lol.

Thanks all.

I have one and find it fine. OK not the most comfortable to sit on but I purchased it for use on driven days at a peg and the occasional hour or two on the pigeons.

I did make myself a pair of 'pinchers' to press in the ball bearings when adjusting the legs and there is a knack of twisting the leg before slidng it up or down. I tend to leave mine set high and made a carrying strap so it gets slung on my shoulder and easy to carry that way.  Not cheap but well made and have had mine about 7-8years now.

I have never taken it down since I purchased it. It stays assembled and lives in my workshop where I can occasionally sit  when in there. I think A1 decoy do a similar seat which may be worth looking at.

I did cut some larger disc feet for it to stop it sinking in on soft ground. 

See if you can find someone who has one and try before you buy. I think it is one of those items which you love or hate. 

I agree with all the above comments. Can be fiddly to put together/adjust. Uncomfortable without extra padding on the seat, but as Walker570 says, if for occasional use and kept put together, can be OK. I found mine OK but fiddly to adjust for uneven ground even having drilled out (countersunk) the pin holes. Ideal scenario would be where you can have it ready erected, drive to your hide, extra padding to the seat and a short trip afield.

As said, there are cheaper seats available. I now use a commander seat when driving to the hide. Heavy and a bit expensive but very comfortable as it’s fully adjustable for height, backrest position etc.

When having to carry a seat I now use a swivel folding tripod seat which for some reason is remarkably comfortable, but doesn’t look as if it would be. Probably something to do with the triangular seat and positioning of the buttocks !

Each to their own I suppose.

OB

47 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

That looks good 

Quite handy and I'm VAT Exempt. Mainly got it for zeroing, plinking and trigger time. Yeti tailgate up, table knocked up to lean on bumper with a cord restraint tied to the tailgate lock bar and just one leg on the opposing side which is detachable so it all lays flat in the back. The stool leg adjusters work as easily and as smoothly as the Bergara people would have wished theirs' did. I do have a Bergara but it's so heavily modified as to be unrecognisable. All because I have the same trouble as Samboy. 

I have the Begara as a carry seat, best I've found but you need extra padding under your ***.

Commander type seats are too heavy and cumbersome for me plus they need bigger feet fitted.

Best I have but I only use it when I can drive into my hide is a fishing arm chair. Big, heavy, stupidly large, infinitley adjustable but so comfy you can sit in it all day.

8 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I have the Begara as a carry seat, best I've found but you need extra padding under your ***.

Commander type seats are too heavy and cumbersome for me plus they need bigger feet fitted.

Best I have but I only use it when I can drive into my hide is a fishing arm chair. Big, heavy, stupidly large, infinitley adjustable but so comfy you can sit in it all day.

Known as the "200birdsaday" chair. But only in your dreams.