BT and OneWeb sign rural broadband deal

Cosmicblue

Interesting; I note the bit about 'improving the phone signal'.  Although I live in a very rural area we have quite good broadband (I get a reliable 50MB plus download from Fibre to the Cabinet - which is more than enough for my needs), but mobile signal is relatively poor - in that it is fairly unusable indoors.

I raised in these pages over a year ago now how the huge increase in radio interviews (current affairs type programmes mainly) due to the (then new) pandemic measures was showing up just how bad mobile phones really are for breaking up, lost connections etc.  I don't personally use a mobile all that much using my landline for most calls, although I do have 'phone over broadband' on my phone which works fine.  I'm just in the habit of picking up the landline!

I spend a week every year in (very rural) Scotland - and even there - the signal on mobile is very good ........ and broadband speeds are adequate for browsing, though I doubt you could stream video.