Catton Hall

TK421

10 hours ago, steve1066 said:

What’s your new gun?

Invictus 1 Sporter 32" - had the kinetic recoil reducer fitted as well which does seem to work pretty well - freebie from CG for some issue that I had with it. On Monday I don't know what was up with me - terrible start with the only stand straight was the last one, which apparently, only 4 people cleared on the day so far (one squad to follow) and that had a rabbit and I hate rabbits!!

10 hours ago, discobob said:

Invictus 1 Sporter 32" - had the kinetic recoil reducer fitted as well which does seem to work pretty well - freebie from CG for some issue that I had with it. On Monday I don't know what was up with me - terrible start with the only stand straight was the last one, which apparently, only 4 people cleared on the day so far (one squad to follow) and that had a rabbit and I hate rabbits!!

Hi Discobob

They are nice looking guns and the CG seem to be on the increase at all clay shoots, they must be doing something right, did you not get on with your Blaser or is the CG a second gun?

14 hours ago, steve1066 said:

Hi Discobob

They are nice looking guns and the CG seem to be on the increase at all clay shoots, they must be doing something right, did you not get on with your Blaser or is the CG a second gun?

No - My F3 has been away having some customizations done on the stock - got it back last week - I think it will be my Skeet Gun and the Invictus (which I bought while the F3 was away as I couldn't get back into shooting with the Impact Black and the high rib) will be for my sporting shooting - at least that's what I hope :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a quick Heads up to all the folk that have been shooting over at Catton on Saturdays through the winter and helping keep the money coming in, Catton’s just announced from the 19th Feb up until October/November (likely, not confirmed) they will be closing the doors to all the regulars, again. Feel for the guys that do stay loyal over that way.

Wednesday practice still on of course, for now. 

On 04/02/2022 at 11:37, TK421 said:

Just a quick Heads up to all the folk that have been shooting over at Catton on Saturdays through the winter and helping keep the money coming in, Catton’s just announced from the 19th Feb up until October/November (likely, not confirmed) they will be closing the doors to all the regulars, again. Feel for the guys that do stay loyal over that way.

Wednesday practice still on of course, for now. 

Love Catton but it is a shame they do this as I work in the week so can't get there on a Wednesday 😞

13 hours ago, discobob said:

Love Catton but it is a shame they do this as I work in the week so can't get there on a Wednesday 😞

I’ve not shot there since they did this last time and I know quite a few other Catton regulars mixed on and did the same, as mentioned it is a shame they do this especially to those that helped support the ground through lockdown and also when numbers were low. Understandably some noses felt disjointed over the whole thing.  

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

I’ve not shot there since they did this last time and I know quite a few other Catton regulars mixed on and did the same, as mentioned it is a shame they do this especially to those that helped support the ground through lockdown and also when numbers were low. Understandably some noses felt disjointed over the whole thing.  

They could open it up - say the following Saturday to a Registered to allow people to come and work out what they were missing on - once a month. Just a thought