Protecting ridge and furrow.

oowee

I am in the process of applying for a grant to create a woodland on some land adjacent to my house. All has been going well and the grant was proceeding according to plan until, South West Heritage looked at the application and said that they could not support a grant as there is evidence of ridge and furrow. Apparently this medieval ploughing technique left lines and ridges in the ground that should be preserved. 

Can you believe it?? Even if there is some evidence of it, why on earth (no pun intended) does it matter? 😂

Just now, ShootingEgg said:

Well for you it's south west heritage. Find out the reasons and what you can do. Then go from there. 

I am on the case but they are a charitable trust with from what I can see no jurisdiction.

First off I don't think there is any evidence of ridge and furrow and if there is, there won't be when I have returned it to woodland. The woodland trust is on my side (so far) 🙂

1 minute ago, oowee said:

I am on the case but they are a charitable trust with from what I can see no jurisdiction.

First off I don't think there is any evidence of ridge and furrow and if there is, there won't be when I have returned it to woodland. The woodland trust is on my side (so far) 🙂

It's a strange one, if they can prove it then if there is some weird old rule then you'd have to find a loop hole. Is strange why they'd be against something that's seen as a good thing.

If they appose it though it has to be heard and planning have to jump through the hoops etc.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Ridiculous! 

And since half the UK was once covered in woodland, technically your restoring it to before medieval times when they cut all the trees down and Ridge and furrowed it 😊

I like the thinking :lol: