Return of the Lada Niva

B725

A pity the rifle rack was an optional "extra"
Looks like a good little car - IF I was in the market for such a thing I'd go for one over the Indian. US or Japanese alternatives.
The option to save a few thousand £ by doing some paperwork/registration yourself looked like a good plan too!

2 hours ago, rovercoupe said:

I would have a new one if only they would make it with the steering wheel on the right side! Until then I shall be welding mine till the end of days.

they do put the steering wheel on the right side     were about years ago a bit underpowered  however driven right could hold their own     used to wrote like a pear          but at 12k   its less than depreciation on other vehicles  in 3 yrs   

6 hours ago, Saltings said:

they do put the steering wheel on the right side     were about years ago a bit underpowered  however driven right could hold their own     used to wrote like a pear          but at 12k   its less than depreciation on other vehicles  in 3 yrs   

I know I own one! 

Looks a brillant bit of kit & if the bloke who imports them could offer some sort of finance options on them im sure he would sell twice as many. The demand for the jimnys outweighs the current supply for them so prices have gone through the roof even the old shape ones with rot still fetch strong money. I dont think you would lose much money really on one of these new nivas it states on the import website production finishes in 2023 so there a limited production essentially & if you got the bronte model with all the bells & whistles you would be in a niche market with a very good spec quirky car to sell on if you wished to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

back in 1988ish I booked a test drive in the cossack  edition of these as at the time they were getting good reviews for off road use and the coastguard were using them . i was  6ft 1" and 13st back then and unfortunately there was no way i could fit in to it , front seats would not go anywhere near far enough back to allow me to get in so the test drive never happened 

Edited by hodge911

Or one of these, rumoured to be coming to the UK in 2022, I like it a lot, it makes the SUV a much more practical car, plus its to have an upgraded turbo engine to meet the EU emissions, no mention on cost but as the short wheelbase is around £29k I would think the long wheelbase will hit the £30k+ mark.

Jimny 5 door.jpg

On 23/07/2021 at 16:14, old'un said:

Or one of these, rumoured to be coming to the UK in 2022, I like it a lot, it makes the SUV a much more practical car, plus its to have an upgraded turbo engine to meet the EU emissions, no mention on cost but as the short wheelbase is around £29k I would think the long wheelbase will hit the £30k+ mark.

Jimny 5 door.jpg

What is it?

On 24/07/2021 at 17:08, old'un said:

Suzuki Jimny long wheelbase, rumoured to be coming out in 2022, a few camouflaged prototypes have been spotted in Europe….https://www.carwow.co.uk/suzuki/jimny/news/5159/new-suzuki-jimny-long-wheelbase-pickup-spotted-price-specs-release-date

Sorry I thought that I'd read somewhere that they had stopped selling them in the uk? It's good they are coming back as a lot of folk rate them 👍👍