How much would you pay for Simulated shooting?

13 minutes ago, Shotkam said:

Ease off on the rum rations !

That was my sentiment exactly. Then was shown exactly that price - https://www.trulysimulated.co.uk/

I just cannot get my head around people charging that much. I'd be expecting a footman for the day.

I'm struggling to see where the extra £400-£500 comes from over other sim days. Although they do seem to be creeping up in price.

I suspect they are paying for the telescopic handersor Lifts, not cheap.

Makes my local simulated day shoot, look cheap.

https://www.simulatedgameshooting.com/

£225 per gun for 2500 clays per team of 8 guns or 72p per clay (elevenses, lunch and afternoon tea included).

Plus 2 slabs of cartridges for another £100.

Edited by Stonepark

The last two days I have been on, start the day bacon butties and coffee, first drive, two teams of 12, 12 shoot , 12 load, 15 minutes of shooting before whistle blows and you change over. break for refreshments, snacks then another drive, break for lunch then two more drives in the afternoon, same thing. at the end of the days shooting back to the pub for dinner. All in all, breakfast, lunch, dinner, 6000 clays over your head over 400 cartridges shot per person £175 per gun.

David Beardsmore,     shooting I defiantly recommend trying it  

$3.75 USD at the Gastonia city park for 25 clays on the city owed throwers.  Its covenant as its in the city but the park  is full prostitutes, drug dealers and homeless people pleasuring themselves.  Not somewhere you would want to let the kids roam free on the playgrounds while you busted some clays.   The lake is nice though but since the lead shot lands in the lake I would eat the fish. 

The private club is $50USD for 100 clays but that includes a $15 meal ticket at the clubhouse.   They also have wobble and sporting clays at the private club.  

But luckily over here we have lots a public use land.  So $6.99USD for a 90pack of clays and a buddy with a hand thrower and you can blast away.  

Pity the Boar closed, you paid by the clay.

Can of pop and a sweetie bar to start, 3 guns or more if you wanted, press for 20, 40 or 60 birds per drive. Bacon butty and tea at lunch and as many drives as you want to pay for. 

We had several mornings on the sim, several drives and went home laughing and happy, under £100 each.

Cheap and cheerful, no dress code. It's clays sfter all.

8 hours ago, Stonepark said:

I suspect they are paying for the telescopic handersor Lifts, not cheap.

Makes my local simulated day shoot, look cheap.

https://www.simulatedgameshooting.com/

£225 per gun for 2500 clays per team of 8 guns or 72p per clay (elevenses, lunch and afternoon tea included).

Plus 2 slabs of cartridges for another £100.

Hello, that sounds reasonable, £100 for 2 slabs !!!! where's Tight choke  🤔😁

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

$3.75 USD at the Gastonia city park for 25 clays on the city owed throwers.  Its covenant as its in the city but the park  is full prostitutes, drug dealers and homeless people pleasuring themselves.  Not somewhere you would want to let the kids roam free on the playgrounds while you busted some clays.   The lake is nice though but since the lead shot lands in the lake I would eat the fish. 

The private club is $50USD for 100 clays but that includes a $15 meal ticket at the clubhouse.   They also have wobble and sporting clays at the private club.  

But luckily over here we have lots a public use land.  So $6.99USD for a 90pack of clays and a buddy with a hand thrower and you can blast away.  

Being from the US you maybe don’t understand, but the days the guys are on about are not just sporting clay shooting. This is “simulated” driven game, meant to be like an English driven game day throughout, but with clays. So all the hospitality should be included, hence the extra expense. It is actually nothing like game shooting, but most of the punters don’t realise that!

It all depends what you want. We took a day every year, £100/ gun. Five drives, coffee break with home baking, lunch outside, ploughman’s with homemade quiche, chutneys etc. Three guys using hand traps and belting them out of woods or over valleys. Great days and all you needed. We comfortably got through a slab of shells each and had great fun. Couldn’t do it this year as I couldn’t travel from Scotland at the time.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Being from the US you maybe don’t understand, but the days the guys are on about are not just sporting clay shooting. This is “simulated” driven game, meant to be like an English driven game day throughout, but with clays. So all the hospitality should be included, hence the extra expense. It is actually nothing like game shooting, but most of the punters don’t realise that!

Oh that’s interesting.  So is there guys hide behind trees that throw them randomly or something. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

I shot a day with Richard Gray  Premier Days (was Affordable Days) a few weeks ago and although they used those funny coloured clays which made seeing them difficult, I could not fault the organsisation. Top hole hospitality included with table service ploughmans lunch and then cakes and tea to finish.  No where near those prices.  Not surprising he is booked solid.   Not my scene but just went to support after all the losses over the virus.

On 01/07/2021 at 09:34, NoBodyImportant said:

Oh that’s interesting.  So is there guys hide behind trees that throw them randomly or something. 

I went yesterday for a day and very good 

bacon roll with coffee 

safety talk then of for the first high birds off the top of a valley over a wooded side  a warm day and a assortment of targets for us to shoot and for the host to Assess ability nearly all the clays were from hand operated traps with a team of 9 trappers who constantly made the targets harder

coffee and on to the next 

a pigeon drive we were shooting out over a large cornfield with a awesome view and the targets representing pigeon crossing from behind and incoming a well done drive 

on to the grouse butts for canopies and pie then some hectic fast simulated grouse fast driven and very fast angled incoming across the line the butts incorporated safety rails to ensure novice Guns couldn’t shoot down the line for safety 

back for a table service lunch 3 courses followed by coffee 

first drive after lunch driven partridge with plenty of 45 yard crossers high in front 

last drive similar but higher and the trappers were trying harder to stretch us to the limit on range and ability then back for tea and cake 

so all in all a very good day lots of fun and all for £270 

the shoot was on a 15000 acre private  estate that was a pleasure to see and the day incorporated driving around part of it so we got to enjoy this aspect and the privilege of being there as guests 

1E9BF6E2-3159-4A33-B4F3-872C8E574188.jpeg

F8206705-8AED-4C32-8435-60F8C366597B.jpeg

ACA3782C-373F-43D3-9B1C-99FB129E1138.jpeg

E4C1492A-D959-4408-9691-88C8C19D4BCA.png

Edited by Old farrier