Miroku gun slips.

Lucasnorth

Anyone any idea if these are likely to be genuine or not. Seems to have a few but it’s my understanding that miroku slips are very hard to come by. The only ones Iv seen that are actually for sale are a place in Australia that we’re selling the older black and red ones for $35 I think. But wouldn’t send over seas. I would pay the £140 this bloke what’s who is selling them on eBay though. Just wondered where on earth they could be from. 

AD43E818-5D5A-452F-9D1B-C24B9A43CDDD.jpeg

B0F9E67B-76E1-484C-8A12-5638DA51E84E.jpeg

DD4CB4E5-0256-4DA0-AFDC-DA5774634D18.jpeg

949FC674-983A-4F3B-926F-3A9506D60759.jpeg

For £140 I'd be getting a leather slip, to me it it just looks a mocked up one, may be wrong but you can get a Blaser Slip, I know that's not what your after but thats £130 and it looks £130 worth, that looks like a £25 slip thats been printed on, just MHO

I was just wondering why you were all saying I’m nuts. I was thinking can none of you read. Then I re read my post. It was supposed to say. I wouldn’t pay the £140😂 no way on earth would I pay that. As said they do not look right and even if they were genuine miroku I wouldn’t pay that money. I guess the seller is trying to cash in on the fact that miroku slips are rare. 

Lucas. 

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I would want the manufacturer to pay me for advertising his product if I walked about with his name plastered all over my gun slip.

This. I have one with Benelli emblazoned across it in bright letters. I grudgingly bought it as it was the only one I could find which fitted my Benelli. I will leave it in the vehicle if given the chance, but apart from that it is a good slip. 

I'd say that they may be genuine

I am an ex-Browning employee - but back in my day the slips & accessories tended to be the sand colour cotton type fabric with the lettering in smaller brown letters
Some time passes, and I am working in a small factory in Jarrow as a bench-hand leatherworker....making lots of gunslips for a huge number of UK airgun & rifle/shotgun firms (as well as most of the Barbour retailed bags and leather accessories)  
One day I even answered the phone to find myself chatting to my ex manager at Browning! That threw him off tilt a little....

The slips in the post seem to be of the right construction style, but we only ever added embroidered logos to the slips we made - that screen printing is bad..!
The black case with red trim = looks almost identical to what we made

The Jarrow firm went into liquidation, but re-formed on the basis of the boss and his secretary, sitting in an office with no on site machinists, farming orders out to third party makers, etc. They MAY still be farming out the orders for the gunslips & having them screen printed now....but I heard that they'd closed too.

7 minutes ago, saddler said:

I'd say that they may be genuine

I am an ex-Browning employee - but back in my day the slips & accessories tended to be the sand colour cotton type fabric with the lettering in smaller brown letters
Some time passes, and I am working in a small factory in Jarrow as a bench-hand leatherworker....making lots of gunslips for a huge number of UK airgun & rifle/shotgun firms (as well as most of the Barbour retailed bags and leather accessories)  
One day I even answered the phone to find myself chatting to my ex manager at Browning! That threw him off tilt a little....

The slips in the post seem to be of the right construction style, but we only ever added embroidered logos to the slips we made - that screen printing is bad..!
The black case with red trim = looks almost identical to what we made

The Jarrow firm went into liquidation, but re-formed on the basis of the boss and his secretary, sitting in an office with no on site machinists, farming orders out to third party makers, etc. They MAY still be farming out the orders for the gunslips & having them screen printed now....but I heard that they'd closed too.

Hello, did you work out of Milton Park ??

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Would that include Purdey and Croots? 

Most definitely.

I do not mind the maker’s name tooled into the leather (I have Parsons, Conway and Croots) but I would not want anything emblazoned all over, even if it said Purdey.

edit: anyway, quality company’s don’t cater for the poser market!

Edited by London Best

4 hours ago, Lucasnorth said:

I was just wondering why you were all saying I’m nuts. I was thinking can none of you read. Then I re read my post. It was supposed to say. I wouldn’t pay the £140😂 no way on earth would I pay that. As said they do not look right and even if they were genuine miroku I wouldn’t pay that money. I guess the seller is trying to cash in on the fact that miroku slips are rare. 

Lucas. 

Ah well actually you forgot that vital word "not"! Thus many folks bewilderment!

I would pay the £140 this bloke what’s who is selling them on eBay though.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Most definitely.

I do not mind the maker’s name tooled into the leather (I have Parsons, Conway and Croots) but I would not want anything emblazoned all over, even if it said Purdey.

edit: anyway, quality company’s don’t cater for the poser market!

Oh they do! There's a "Purdey Club" with a Purdey Club baseball cap to go with your membership. And even this as well...below:cap.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

Just now, Centrepin said:

Might be the only thing with Purdey on that most people can actually afford 

Think they do a key ring 😂 

a bit like rolls Royce.  Bentley.  Aston martin 😊

these companies catering for a minority market but they train people who can provide the skills for the future 

• 4 weeks later...