Really fast spying?

RockySpears

I am visiting a friend this afternoon in Yarm (from Norton, not using A19).  Used Google maps on my phone to find address and route.

The route marked out 1 "point of Interest", something called Motorpoint cars.  There are a lot of car sales places at Preston Farm where my route takes me.

1/2 hour later I am on here and what advert pops up first?  Motorpoint car sales !!!

I did not click the map link or look up the place, it was just there on my route.  So 1/2 hour is all it took to associate my route search and my appearance on PW.

Wow, just Wow.

Would be interested if others tried this, Google a route, see if there are any advertised locations, then come here and see,

Scary or amazing?

RS

Edited by RockySpears

Google and other 'free' services on the internet make all of us a 'product' that interested parties can buy for targeted advertising.  Install Adblock Plus or similar on your phone's web browser and any other device you use and be spared most of the garbage. 

This evening there was a smaller bird on the feeder than usual, I assumed it was a coal tit and much smaller than the regular blue tits.

I googled for small tits and not one of the images shown was a match and I looked through about 25 pages of images before giving up.

Can't wait for the targeted adverts to come through. :)

15 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

How long until the catalogue arrives then?

I don't need a new one, I still have last years.

Just now, Zapp said:

There was a guy once moaning about how all the adverts on PW were for Ukrainian mail order brides until someone pointed out the link between ads and your browser search history...

Cruel Zapp, cruel.