Finally tried a T1X alongside my P94S

spandit

Friend of mine just bought a T1X (in 22LR) and we took it out last night alongside my P94S for some practice. He has some fancy tactical stock on it that was very grippy but looked like kitchen worktop. Astonishingly accurate - he does have a flash scope on it - but difficult to tell whether it was more accurate than mine. Bolt throw is longer as it's designed to cycle HMR and it didn't feel as smooth as the Sako, although whether that will improve with time, it's impossible to say.

Both triggers were excellent.

Sako magazines a lot smaller and sit flush (but without my custom bases, difficult to extract). I took 7 magazines with me so didn't need to reload any - although I did run out of ammo! Tikka magazine chunky and frankly ugly but very easy to remove (but he only has one). He has a Tikka CF in 6.5 Creedmoor so can swap stocks around.

Nice rifle but not itching to change mine.

4 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

I’ve had a go with a couple of the t1x’s and they’re nice enough, but personally I’d rather have an original finnfire. 

It felt nicer than the CZ I tried a while back. They're both superbly accurate but I'd expect CZ to lose a lot of market share as the Tikka has a much nicer trigger.

I'm thinking of selling a Finnfire Varmint if you're interested...

12 hours ago, spandit said:

It felt nicer than the CZ I tried a while back. They're both superbly accurate but I'd expect CZ to lose a lot of market share as the Tikka has a much nicer trigger.

I'm thinking of selling a Finnfire Varmint if you're interested...

Actually, I have a spare slot for another .22 but I’m fancying a browning sa22.