Question on tyres

hodge911

Bought a 2008 xtrail t31  2.0dci on Tuesday. 

Its got 215/60/17 Road tyres on 

I have a very good set of 4 x 255/65/17 M+S TYRES that I bought for a previous vehicle and never got fitted before it had a catastrophic  engine failure.

Can anyone  advise if the 255/65/17 will go on ..

If they will  I'll get another set of wheels to put them on for shooting and keep the road tyres on the current rims for if I need to do a long journey on road 

They would take up 35mm of space around the arches so i'd have a measure and see what you have to play with first. If you do have enough space and choose a 2nd set of rims you would then have to consider rim width and may need spacers to adjust the offset.

There are a number of sites online that allow you to compare tyre/wheel setups.

You're also looking at roughly 9% Speedo error.

37 minutes ago, TR1 said:

I would think that with nearly 3inch larger diameter you would have all sorts of rubbing issues. That is without a big speedo error.

7 minutes ago, decoy1979 said:

They would take up 35mm of space around the arches so i'd have a measure and see what you have to play with first. If you do have enough space and choose a 2nd set of rims you would then have to consider rim width and may need spacers to adjust the offset.

There are a number of sites online that allow you to compare tyre/wheel setups.

You're also looking at roughly 9% Speedo error.

Thanks peeps I've found out all the  info on the 2 sizes via a bit of net surfing and they won't fit .

So ill  be putting  some good bits Goodrich (I think that's what they are I'll check in morning)  4 of 266/65/17 tyres up for sale no picture repairs or sidewall damage in next few days ...

SO DOES ANYONE ON HERE RUN A T31 XTRAIL  ?

I have just bought a 08 plate 2.0dci auto one

if so what tyres are you running on it ?

The ones that are on are fine for road use but looking at the tread pattern I don't think they'll fair well on the muddy fields (not severe)  I drive whilst bunny bashing .

I've  checked the pcd , offset , and centre hole size and t30 wheels will fit ok .

Typical when My t30 blew its engine and I scrapped it I sold the wheels with geolanders fitted but at the min and probably for the next few months I can't afford to put them on this one unless I can find a S/H set somewhere 

Edited by hodge911

go on tiresize comparison website and put your size in

I have 225 70 16 general grabbers on mine and show to be exact same as yours, no issues with rubbing and plenty of clearance that fit arches better than originals, speedo is now also spot on when compared against satnav

image.png.1b3c4d0f525c509c4c9db1ba211df71c.png