HW100 power loss

throdgrain

Hi folks

ok so I have a .177 HW100SK, about a year old. I checked the power when I first got it new, it was 11.4 ft llbs. I've shot it quite a lot, but today I noticed it was shooting a bit low. Adjusted the scope, back on, perfectly accurate as usual. But then I thought I'd check the power, as this is the second time I've adjusted up since I've had it. Surprise, about 8.5 ft llbs, which is Not Good Enough. 

The gun loses no air when standing. It's the same Combro using the same pellets. It's quite warm here today. 

Any ideas anyone? Many thanks :)

20 minutes ago, throdgrain said:

Hi folks

ok so I have a .177 HW100SK, about a year old. I checked the power when I first got it new, it was 11.4 ft llbs. I've shot it quite a lot, but today I noticed it was shooting a bit low. Adjusted the scope, back on, perfectly accurate as usual. But then I thought I'd check the power, as this is the second time I've adjusted up since I've had it. Surprise, about 8.5 ft llbs, which is Not Good Enough. 

The gun loses no air when standing. It's the same Combro using the same pellets. It's quite warm here today. 

Any ideas anyone? Many thanks :)

Hello, there's a warranty before you go trying to fix yourself

14 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, there's a warranty before you go trying to fix yourself

5 minutes ago, Delwint said:

It’s a very common fault, according to people I know who have them 

Yes, I just didn't want to drive all the way to Essex, however if it's a problem I will of course :) 

Hello, Sam's right, my 110 went back to HC , less than a year old, they paid to get it picked up from RFD, but not original from new so I was pleased with that, the 110 has a standard fault that many are going back to be fixed, some owner are DIY, a lot are sent to a company HW 100, if the cost to return to RFD either in person or post the they send it to HC who return to RFD who send you seems pointless and if your keeping the 100 , send it to HW 100, www.hw100.co.uk there are different cost as to what you have done, you could make contact by email and see if they might know problem before you decide on getting fixed

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

My mate took one home as a try before you buy, he's a regular customer there, came back and stuck it through the chronograph, 9ftlb. Anyway, I laughed as I had been telling him to buy a ultra for weeks, I bought a ultra to prove the point, that came in at about 9/10ftlb too. He took it back and bought a fx royale. 

8 hours ago, villaman said:

Did you buy it from the airgun Centre / Yes

have you tried cleaning the barrel / No

are your settings right on your chronograph / Yes, just checked it on my 97k, its reading 11.4 with the same pellets

what chronograph are you using / cheap combro

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

My mate took one home as a try before you buy, he's a regular customer there, came back and stuck it through the chronograph, 9ftlb. Anyway, I laughed as I had been telling him to buy a ultra for weeks, I bought a ultra to prove the point, that came in at about 9/10ftlb too. He took it back and bought a fx royale. 

Mine was making 11.4 no problems , now, not so good 😞

Edited by throdgrain

On 04/07/2021 at 08:05, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Sam's right, my 110 went back to HC , less than a year old, they paid to get it picked up from RFD, but not original from new so I was pleased with that, the 110 has a standard fault that many are going back to be fixed, some owner are DIY, a lot are sent to a company HW 100, if the cost to return to RFD either in person or post the they send it to HC who return to RFD who send you seems pointless and if your keeping the 100 , send it to HW 100, www.hw100.co.uk there are different cost as to what you have done, you could make contact by email and see if they might know problem before you decide on getting fixed

Hello, with my 110 this was after I complained to HW in Germany via Email, 

2 hours ago, villaman said:

Try cleaning the barrel first 

never worth buying from the airgun Centre , unless you live close . Personally I would phone them up and tell them your problem . Hull cartridge has picked a gun up from my home and delivered it back again 

Hello, how was it when you had the rifle returned, 100/110? I think my 110 is loosing power again 🙄, I thought could only be sent via a RFD ?

So, took it back to the Airgun Centre, a drive of 60 miles or so. They took it off for 20 minutes or so, came back - fixed. I drove home and fired a few shots, first reading was 9ft llb. ******, Rang them up, they said bring it back, which is all they can say really.

Put another 20 pellets through it, the power is now way up, though varying quite a bit, lowest reading about 10.8, and (one) highest reading of 12.2, which is obviously illegal. I shall leave it a bit then see if it settles down, but I suspect a regulator fault. Not sure if I can be ***** with another drive though, may find someone more local and pay for it.