Scope recommendations for 22lr & 17hmr

Lucasnorth

I rate Hawke. Doesn’t need to be expensive. Mine are all second hand. Adjustable parallax and just keep it set to 100 yards unless you need to adjust it. Illuminated reticle is great for night time, set low I use green and a red lamp.

Hawke 3-12x50 AO IR, buy second hand. If you don’t like it lump it on without losing a penny. 

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I rate Hawke. Doesn’t need to be expensive. Mine are all second hand. Adjustable parallax and just keep it set to 100 yards unless you need to adjust it. Illuminated reticle is great for night time, set low I use green and a red lamp.

Hawke 3-12x50 AO IR, buy second hand. If you don’t like it lump it on without losing a penny. 

Agree absolutely. Beside me boxed and doing nothing is an Airmax 3-12x50 SF AMX IR used for just 3 months when I took it off the R-10 when I bought it from someone who bought the whole kit and caboodle new and then had a change of shooting discipline. It's complete with the 4" wheel, sun shade, pop up lens cover and installation tool and Hawke paperwork.

39 minutes ago, Lucasnorth said:

Had the same though myself. So was thinking of my mates bushnell elite for the HMR. 

thanks. 

Lucas

Hello, my friend has a HMR , zero at 100 yards, shoot out to 200 depending on back stop and time of day, his Hawke 3x12 x 50 S/F suites this , and good clarity at dusk

22 hours ago, Lucasnorth said:

Iv just ordered a pair of T1X’s 17hmr & 22lr😄

I bought the hmr in 16 inch. Avon and Somerset were very quick with the variation and the rifle was here about two weeks ago. Just waiting for the rail to arrive so i can get it all painted and then set up. 

you can't go far wrong with any of them

Superb value for money, not that long ago you would have to put a naught on the end of the price to get a scope that good but still without the features.

The only downside is it really goes to demonstrate the devastating efficiency of Chinese manufacturing to blow the rest of the World Wide opposition out of the water, Nobody in the West can hope to compete with those prices and eventually they will drive the likes of S&B and Zeiss to the wall

Then we will have no choice. Don't be completely fooled by the very cheap prices, I think they could charge a lot more, so why don't they? I can only see one reason???

Edited by Vince Green

For moderators you need look no further than a SAK.

For bipods, I've found the cheap Chinese ones to be as good as the more expensive ones, but I generally shoot from quad sticks so haven't fitted the bipod in a long while.

For scope mounts, I'm told Sportsmatch are what you want. They're not massively expensive. I don't practice what I preach - all of mine are generic Chinese mounts and they seem to work fine.

Be advised: the unburned gasses from a short barrel HMR will soon erode the aluminium baffles in a sak. Brother and I have both been there and done that following recommendations... Invest a tiny bit more in steel baffles such as an ASE UTRA rimfire: https://calibreinnovations.co.uk/product/ase-utra-dual-rimfire-moderator-1-2-unef/