20G subsonic reloading

Hi all, 

I have been using a 20G hushpower for a couple of years now, I have tried most factory cartridges and I am happy with the results but would like to start reloading my own cartridges to perfect a load for my gun. It seems most subsonic cartridges are made for clay grounds, I want to try and load a 28gr no.5 or no.6 at subsonic velocities. 

Has anyone got any experience I'm this or any recipes to get started with please? 

I have an MEC 600 Jr and want to start the search for hulls, powder and primers etc but don't know what to look at!!

Any help appreciated, thanks

Ok thank you, I will ping him a message if he doesn't stumble on this thread. I have thought about 12G but the moderated O/U is much harder to find than the 20g hushpower version, gutted I missed one last month, they look a much better made gun than the investarm that hushpower use.

Guest cookoff013

The key with these subsonics is to have 1050fps and low powder charge, as not to saturate the moderator with gas upon equilibration. Its about or under 17 grains powder for 12gauge. also it should clean burn. 

there are some on here who say it is nonsense. But actually is too true. The ba10 powder i used for 28gram 12gauge subs, i used 13 grains and the shells are very quiet. Also, go up a couple of shotsizes. Slow loads pattern well, but lack punch if you are shooting normal shotgun ranges.

nb

also buy the long crimp punch for your mec. Its good.