Tour de France

chrisjpainter

Yes indeed. Just one stage too many. Still, he's proved he's still got the firepower. Come next year as long as he's still in decent shape, he'll be a shoe-in for the team for the next year's TdF. Then he'll have a whole tour to bag one.

I hope they do find a way to get fans back safely. A security cordon on the Champs Elise is the one place on the tour they don't need it! Up in the mountains or the rural roads where people are forever shoving banners out in front of riders (or er...throwing urine), maybe. But in Paris? It feels unnecessary

56 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

hope they do find a way to get fans back safely. A security cordon on the Champs Elise is the one place on the tour they don't need it! Up in the mountains or the rural roads where people are forever shoving banners out in front of riders (or er...throwing urine), maybe. But in Paris? It feels unnecessary

I get the feeling it's to do with bigger things than the riders, it's a noticeable difference though.

Wout Van Aert deserves a mention,  how many riders can win a mountain stage, a TT and the biggest sprint stage,  that's a really special rider.

And how strange was it that the Japanese rider made it all the way through the tour but pulled out to get back for the Olympics. 

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Wout Van Aert deserves a mention,  how many riders can win a mountain stage, a TT and the biggest sprint stage,  that's a really special rider.

And how strange was it that the Japanese rider made it all the way through the tour but pulled out to get back for the Olympics. 

Yeah I think Van Aert deserves the plaudits. Top three riders for the tour for me. Pogocar's just been an unstoppable force, Cav's resurgence puts him up there too, but Van Aert's all round stage winning has been sensational, particularly that solo ride in the final days

Just now, Walker570 said:

These guys are the real atheletes in my view...all of 'em.  Yes. watched ot twice and no doubt he was crowded out but that is all part of the game. Superb riding by all .

It happens,  normally he is brilliant at being in the right place, but that picture of him with his kids on the podium was magnificent. 

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah I think Van Aert deserves the plaudits. Top three riders for the tour for me. Pogocar's just been an unstoppable force, Cav's resurgence puts him up there too, but Van Aert's all round stage winning has been sensational, particularly that solo ride in the final days

There were a few others that looked good once they were let off the leash from domestic duties, but yes those three were outstanding.