No going back from 11am

B725

3 minutes ago, B725 said:

The time has finally arrived after a 12 month delay as I am retiring from work, I am truly looking forward to it and doing what I want, when I want and if I want. 

Are you married?

The what, when and if may well change 🤣

3 minutes ago, B725 said:

The time has finally arrived after a 12 month delay as I am retiring from work, I am truly looking forward to it and doing what I want, when I want and if I want. 

You will probably find that you have so many things to do, you'll wonder how you ever fitted work into your life.

All the best for the future.

46 minutes ago, twenty said:

You will probably find that you have so many things to do, you'll wonder how you ever fitted work into your life.

Heard lots of people say that and didn't believe it, but after nearly ten years I can assure you it is true, however you will be doing mostly what you want to do, when you want and if you want.

Enjoy your time

1 hour ago, B725 said:

I have been retired for 4 1/2 years now - retired a little early (just short of 60) as the opportunity arose - and have never regretted it.  Good luck and enjoy yourself.

39 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

Been retired four years now and wonder why I waited so long to do it, my money needs for day to day costs have really dropped off. Same as all the others = sorry no time, too busy doing what I want to when I want too.

thats true you dont relise how much it cost to go to work

2 hours ago, twenty said:

All the best for the future.

I never ever really felt I had time to fit work into my life.

I retired January 2002 aged 53 and have never for one second regretted retiring.

Enjoy your retirement and hope it is a long one.

Great news and I hope you have a long and happy one. 

My advice to anyone, is to have a plan that involves some physical and some mental exercise you want that retirement to be healthy. I see so many that veg out and use age as the excuse. 

Edited by oowee

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Great news and I hope you have a long and happy one. 

My advice to anyone, is to have a plan that involves some physical and some mental exercise you want that retirement to be healthy. I see so many that veg out and use age as the excuse. 

100% agree with this.

I just worked on my oldest sports therapy client to date a couple of nights ago, retired guy about to hit 70 years old. He's having a wee bit of back trouble now, nothing too severe so the biggest bit of advice I could give him was to keep himself moving and on the go.

I wish you all the best in your retirement, now you can get out and buy some new toys, remember there's no towbar on a hearse!

Thank you all, I have lots to do, I have a large garden a 20 foot workshop/ shed the dog and gun helping at the farm when they need it. 

I used to enjoy my job but the last 2 or 3 years it has just got worse by the day caused by internal petty politics and it just feels the right time for me so happy day's.