No going back from 11am

B725

10 hours ago, B725 said:

The time has finally arrived after a 12 month delay as I am retiring from work, I am truly looking forward to it and doing what I want, when I want and if I want. 

Did it 31 years ago and I'll tell you now you will hate every minute.  It is such a bind getting up at all times of the day and deciding which place I will shoot today. Such stress I never had when I worked.  I mean going through a choice of gun for the day, which cartridges should I take etc etc etc.  believe me you will find it very stresful.

Here I am 31 years later trying to decide if I can add another day or two driven birds this coming September, can I fit them in to the pigeon days and tree rat control and then should I go out foxing tonight knowing I have to be up early tomorrow to drive 70 miles to a day on the partridges.

No my adviece is stay at work let somebody else make all the decisions.

I’m in my 11th year of retirement and never even think about ‘work’ . Only hate I have is having appointments or any thing else that means I ‘have’ to be somewhere at a particular time and certainly not before Midday.Shooting excluded obviously.

Enjoy your time in a deserved retirement.

I shall be out in the morning as I have most of the day  to await a passing pigeon,crow, fox etc.😀

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Did it 31 years ago and I'll tell you now you will hate every minute.  It is such a bind getting up at all times of the day and deciding which place I will shoot today. Such stress I never had when I worked.  I mean going through a choice of gun for the day, which cartridges should I take etc etc etc.  believe me you will find it very stresful.

Here I am 31 years later trying to decide if I can add another day or two driven birds this coming September, can I fit them in to the pigeon days and tree rat control and then should I go out foxing tonight knowing I have to be up early tomorrow to drive 70 miles to a day on the partridges.

No my adviece is stay at work let somebody else make all the decisions.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍

13 hours ago, B725 said:

I will Dave thank you, a friend has given me a huge pack of coffee beans as they know my love of coffee, the machine has never faulted and used every day.👍👍

I'm working from home full time now but only a call away if you need any help 👍

I decided to retire last year after contracting COVID and spending time on a ventilator. It really made me appreciate there is more to life than chasing money. 
As others have said I don’t know where I found the time to work now.
I do do odd jobs but am fortunate enough to be able to pick and choose what I want to do and if it doesn’t hit a 7 on my happiness scale (0 to 10) I say no.   Good luck and wishing you a long and happy retirement 

cheers

Tom

• 3 months later...

Unbelievable but its 5 months since I handed my notice in and my last pay day was July 25th and despite numerous emails and phone calls they still haven't paid me a penny of my pension, last week payroll admitted they forgot to tell pensions but claim it will be paid this October but concidering I haven't received the paperwork with my pension options for me to sign I can't see it happening anytime soon. 

12 minutes ago, B725 said:

they still haven't paid me a penny of my pension

Interesting. 

When I took 'early retirement', I chose not to start my pensions (old final salary ones) from a couple of previous employments early - and they are due to start on my 65th birthday - which is in 6 months time.  In the last few months - both companies (they are with pension companies, not the old employer) have written to me checking on my address being up to date and advising me that I will hear from them about options for 'lump sums' and so forth during the quarter leading up to my 65th birthday.  It is comforting that they are aware that I still exist!

20 minutes ago, B725 said:

Unbelievable but its 5 months since I handed my notice in and my last pay day was July 25th and despite numerous emails and phone calls they still haven't paid me a penny of my pension, last week payroll admitted they forgot to tell pensions but claim it will be paid this October but concidering I haven't received the paperwork with my pension options for me to sign I can't see it happening anytime soon. 

B725 you need to send an email / letter requesting that this is raised urgently ! 

Ask to see internal complaints process / procedure ? ( who / what / when )

Ask if they have self reported to pensions ombudsman! 

Ask for a reference number to enable you to make personal enquiries with pensions Ombudsman .

recon that might get em moving ! If not send me a U2u if you need anything we ( work) would supply pension options with provisional retirement pack ? Bit different funds work in different ways regardless of this you seem to be getting fobbed off !

Atb Agriv8

I have litrally just had an email reply saying that  I will miss the 14th of October cut off but hopefully sorted for November, this is local government we are talking about all still working from home, what do they think people live on .

See it as a short term blip and focus on the good stuff…

For me, with 5 mouths to feed retirement seems a long way off … but I’m planning on 60 being an achievable age to retire (even with my expensive hobbies!). Having the mortgage done by 50 will be a useful step closer and enable some flexibility in the financial planning.

33 minutes ago, B725 said:

I have litrally just had an email reply saying that  I will miss the 14th of October cut off but hopefully sorted for November, this is local government we are talking about all still working from home, what do they think people live on .

Sent a U2u that’s absolutely shocking. 

there should be no hopefully about it making November Payroll !

regards Agriv8!

1 hour ago, B725 said:

Not good enough, any largish employer is expected to perform better than Bob down the road employing 2 people.

Use their formal procedure?

Enjoy every day.

I should have retired at 60 on 2/3 of my final salary.
Unfortunately I was made redundant after 31 years service and missed out on the last 11 years contributions.
It still started to pay out when I reached 60 but the monthly payments are about half what I was on when I was made redundant in 2007.
Absolutely not enough to live on so I work on until my state pension kicks in at 66 - fortunately I still enjoy my work to some extent.

The scary thing is my current employer and I are paying £400 per month into their pension scheme and I'll have been there 14 years when I retire.
I'll be taking the whole lot as a lump sum and sticking it in the bank because if I take a 25% lump sum and purchase an annuity with the rest it will pay the princely sum of £800... A YEAR!  The final pot will be 1/7th the size of the one from my previous employer.
How young people are expected to provide for their retirement in today's economy is beyond me...