Price hike

My RFD phoned me today to tell me that ammunition went up last Friday by "a lot". As I spend a fair amount my son does also, he offers us old price till this Friday.

Just picked up 1500 Blue Diamond and 500 white Gold, all 28gram x 8s, fibre. £517.

Anyone else having this price increase?

My friends & I are struggling to get hold of fibre wad clay cartridges at a reasonable price at all. We have 4,000 on back order with a local shop but they can't seem to get them in from their supplier.  Pretty soon we'll have nothing to shoot with. Paying £200-£220/1,000..  North Bristol area. 

2 hours ago, arjimlad said:

My friends & I are struggling to get hold of fibre wad clay cartridges at a reasonable price at all. We have 4,000 on back order with a local shop but they can't seem to get them in from their supplier.  Pretty soon we'll have nothing to shoot with. Paying £200-£220/1,000..  North Bristol area. 

Which shop?

Just carts I have used last time, just becase you can get whatever you want and they drop then to your door. 

10 hours ago, figgy said:

Brexit or covid take your pick of excuses or both.

Clay shooting was never cheap but it's gotten very expensive over the last few years compared to the cost of living and wages.

1 hour ago, Robden said:

Well this will encourage new shooters into our sport...................not.

That's more or less what my RFD said. 

They forecast more leaving or just shooting less and more guns for sale.

Especially as locally we've just lost some grounds and one has put its prices into the ridiculous range.

My suppler, as previously mentioned, stated there is a shortage of drivers in Europe willing to come into the UK due to all the border control hassle, so this has caused massive shortages for the materials to build cartridges. Let’s hope the UK reignites the engineering industries needed in the  building of all these components here in the UK. Lots of opportunities to take control back of production and more UK jobs can’t be a bad thing. 
sad thing is I don’t think we are going to ever see a reduction in costs, prices go up, rarely down

Edited by TK421

16 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

We’re not special … prices going up on everything.

Local shed builders packing up as the price of wood is now so expensive ….

Countless similar examples.

Had a refreshing chat with a local carpet fitting company who said they’re keeping there prices the same as they have been, they personally find it disgusting that some trades have just jumped on the Covid bandwagon and hiked up prices. There is a reason why they’ve been supplying carpets locally for over 30 years with a full order book. Whilst I accept that SOME material have gone up in price and they must be passed onto the customer, don’t see why labour costs have to also increase? 
I got a quote from another local painter and decorator, I genuinely think he just plucked the number from thin air, quoted there wouldn’t be any change from £10k to decorate a 3 bedroom house, minus the lounge? That’s 3 bedrooms, hall stairs landing, dining room and kitchen? The majority of the work you are paying for is labour, materials are minimal. 

it reminds me of the local corner shop charging £3 for a loaf or bread when we had the last fuel crisis, i still don’t shop there, in fact it closed down not long after things returned to normal, mainly due to people stopping shopping there. There is certainly a justification for picking and choosing who you buy off, don’t begrudge anyone making a living, but there’s a limit.

Edited by TK421

On 10/07/2021 at 11:35, Bigdavet said:

What’s the excuse this time for the increase ? I know gamebore put there prices up last week !

Due to the COVID situation its become more difficult to make shotgun cartridges - obviously - the same reason why you cant get tradesmen, cement, customer services, in fact I think the only thing that you can get easily and cheaply is a new car (as long as you are not having one made to order by them foreigners in the EU).

D

If anyone is really struggling and needs some in North Herts - I probably have a few hundred I could sell for what I paid probably 7s or 7.5s fibre or plastic

D