Private rifle sale

Just now, Walker570 said:

Ask you FEO.

This, I believe as the owner it is your responsibility to fill out the buyer's cert, and some forces are now enforcing this.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://basc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2014/08/REMOTE-FIREARMS-TRANSACTIONS2.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjBj9Gw0tHxAhXdh_0HHX3hAjoQFjALegQIFBAC&usg=AOvVaw1azYwXLSjLqxScm05fjYiD

This topic has been done a million times before.

Seller, and only the seller fills in the buyer's certificate.

No ifs or buts.

Buyer sends cert to seller.

Seller, after ensuring correct authority, completes cert.

Seller sends cert to buyer.

Seller utilisises service of RFD to transfer to another RFD.

Buyer collects from RFD who checks that entry on cert is correct.

The end.

Edd

9 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

This topic has been done a million times before.

Seller, and only the seller fills in the buyer's certificate.

No ifs or buts.

Buyer sends cert to seller.

Seller, after ensuring correct authority, completes cert.

Seller sends cert to buyer.

Seller utilisises service of RFD to transfer to another RFD.

Buyer collects from RFD who checks that entry on cert is correct.

The end.

Edd

This :good:

I have just bought a S1 from Holts Auctioneers and it is to be delivered to a local (ish) RFD.

My FAC was posted recorded delivery to Holts for them to enter the firearm on it, I paid them £35 to ship the firearm along with my FAC to a local RFD and I paid the local RFD £25 to recieve the firearm and to hand it over to me.

Edited by tonyshooter

So lets get this right?, a scammer puts a fake picture of a .22 CZ on Guntrader, you see it, transfer the money and post your FAC to somebody you don't know from Adam. They then use your FAC (with a slot for a .22 on it) to actually go out and buy a .22 illegally. And then they disappear with your FAC, the  illegal .22 and your money. Leaving you to explain what happened to your FEO...........

Makes perfect sense, can't see a problem with that

This is where I,m getting a bit confused,phoned an rfd up last week to say I was interested in purchasing a rifle.Asked them about the transfer procedure,they said that they send rifle to my rfd and he fills my cert ,they didn't,t need me to send cert to them. The mind boggles

25 minutes ago, kingsy18 said:

This is where I,m getting a bit confused,phoned an rfd up last week to say I was interested in purchasing a rifle.Asked them about the transfer procedure,they said that they send rifle to my rfd and he fills my cert ,they didn't,t need me to send cert to them. The mind boggles

This would be correct IF your local RFD pays the first RFD for the gun.

This is because your RFD has then become the seller (to you).

The issue is that as the seller they are responsible for the warranty, tax and VAT. If your local is willing to take that on then it's fine. But I don't see many that would do that for nothing.

Edd

16 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Thats the way it is with section 2, you are meant to post your cert to the seller to complete.

@Vince Green

Last time I bought a rifle privately I got a photo of the sellers licence with the gun entered on his ticket at the start of the transaction. 

Don't know how easy it is to replace one photo for another on a licence, would it be worth the trouble? I'm sure there are easier and less conspicuous ways of acquiring an illegal firearm. 

Edited by Mr.C

4 hours ago, Mr.C said:

@Vince Green

Last time I bought a rifle privately I got a photo of the sellers licence with the gun entered on his ticket at the start of the transaction. 

Don't know how easy it is to replace one photo for another on a licence, would it be worth the trouble? I'm sure there are easier and less conspicuous ways of acquiring an illegal firearm. 

I don't know how often anyone actually checks the photo on the licence. They certainly don't appears to when I buy ammo. Interesting question