ENG v DEN

twenty

4 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I wonder whether part of it is also that this England squad isn't made up of players who are stars in their domestic teams. Other than Kane and perhaps Sterling, who of the current England side would you say is the overtly prime force or the driving inspiration of their side? Whereas when you look back at past squads, so many of the players went from being the leaders/dominant players to being just another squad member in a squad full of such players.  

Either way, it's making a difference. This squad looks a much better team, even if the individual parts aren't as good as previous players

And other than Trippier, Maguire, Shaw, Rice, Mount, Grealish, Rashford, Bings, Sancho, Calvert-Lewin, James and Saka………… You're obviously someone who doesn't follow football too🙄

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, KB1 said:

Wow, you don't know how Lampard ever got selected…………….  You obviously know very little about football!  I would suggest you look up his achievements 🥴

If I were interested enough, I maybe would look him up, but I’m not, so I won’t. 
I’m sure Gareth Southgate has him on speed dial, and is making use of his coaching skills as we speak. 🙂  

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

If I were interested enough, I maybe would look him up, but I’m not, so I won’t. 
I’m sure Gareth Southgate has him on speed dial, and is making use of his coaching skills as we speak. 🙂  

I'll save you the bother, he's the highest scoring midfielder in the history of the premier league (Still holds the record)……….  It's probably why he got selected🤪  

33 minutes ago, KB1 said:

I'll save you the bother, he's the highest scoring midfielder in the history of the premier league (Still holds the record)……….  It's probably why he got selected🤪  

Youre quite right of course. 
Apparenlty he’s been giving Southgate all manner of managerial advice, unfortunately he seems to be listening! 😀

33 minutes ago, Scully said:

Youre quite right of course. 
Apparenlty he’s been giving Southgate all manner of managerial advice, unfortunately he seems to be listening! 😀

Come on Scully, you're normally bang on the money with topics on PW, but football knowledge has left you wanting……. You name England's No1, No10 and No29 top scorers of all time, and say they're not ballers compared to todays squad🙄

6 minutes ago, KB1 said:

Come on Scully, you're normally bang on the money with topics on PW, but football knowledge has left you wanting……. You name England's No1, No10 and No29 top scorers of all time, and say they're not ballers compared to todays squad🙄

It’s just my distaste for most of those who play the game showing through really.  The thing is I lost real interest in football back in the early ‘80’s unfortunately, when I lost all respect for those who play the game on a professional basis. They’re overpaid and over-rated, and idolised like some kind of deity! 
I just can’t be doing with all the theatricals; I find it extremely embarrassing and annoying. Even Sterling does it at every opportunity, to the extent it would be more fitting if he played in Speedos rather than shorts. 🤷‍♂️
It makes me cringe to the point I find it hard to watch, and it’s ruined a game I once enjoyed watching, 
They are supposed to be professional men playing a professional game, but I just find them embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s just my distaste for most of those who play the game showing through really.  The thing is I lost real interest in football back in the early ‘80’s unfortunately, when I lost all respect for those who play the game on a professional basis. They’re overpaid and over-rated, and idolised like some kind of deity! 
I just can’t be doing with all the theatricals; I find it extremely embarrassing and annoying. Even Sterling does it at every opportunity, to the extent it would be more fitting if he played in Speedos rather than shorts. 🤷‍♂️
It makes me cringe to the point I find it hard to watch, and it’s ruined a game I once enjoyed watching, 
They are supposed to be professional men playing a professional game, but I just find them embarrassing. 

And as usual, Scully is bang on the money 👍

6 hours ago, Scully said:

One of the most accurate posts I've ever seen on pw 👍.

7 hours ago, Scully said:

100% agree.  Add to that the further theatrical gesture of the ’taking the knee’ …...

Then the behaviour of the fans; pointing laser a pointer at the Danish player, forcing their way into Wembley without tickets, then apparently racial abuse of players …..

As things stand, I want no part of any of it.

17 hours ago, Scully said:

I just can’t be doing with all the theatricals

The taking off of the silver medals literally immediately after the presenter had hung them around each players neck and in full view of the cameras was petulant, childish, unsportsmanlike and downright rude.  Grow up and have some respect the for the sport and the organisations who go to all the trouble of setting up these big events.  Every event has winners and losers - and they should respect each other.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

The taking off of the silver medals literally immediately after the presenter had hung them around each players neck and in full view of the cameras was petulant, childish, unsportsmanlike and downright rude.  Grow up and have some respect the for the sport and the organisations who go to all the trouble of setting up these big events.  Every event has winners and losers - and they should respect each other.

Could not agree more. :good: