What is this?

steve_b_wales

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Its for removing foreskin from trouser zips. 

Could it be the plastic clip that is now supplied to some cars so when you have to change a wheel you loosen the bolts then use this tool to remove them so doing that you do not get your fingers covered in brake dust.

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

This item was in a bag, with the wheel nuts from my new vehicle (locking nuts were fitted) and I've no idea what it is or what it's for.

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

It's yet another piece of plastic karp to add to the rest of the plastic karp that will end up in a land fill or a river in Asia 

2 hours ago, stoggieman said:

Could it be the plastic clip that is now supplied to some cars so when you have to change a wheel you loosen the bolts then use this tool to remove them so doing that you do not get your fingers covered in brake dust.

I will check tomorrow morning to see if it's anything to do with the wheel nuts. Makes sense really as it was in the bag containing the nuts.

18 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

I've got one of those. But its twice  as big as that one. 😉

Sounds like a comment from the lads at work after they have used the urinal. I tell them to stand closer, and tell them their not as big as they think, pointing down at the puddle they have left behind. :lol:

Brand new car? Possibly some form of suspension transit block that's been thrown in the boot by the tech when the car was PDI'd.

Fitted at the factory to stop the car jiggling about too much during delivery transit. Should be removed on delivery prior to collection by the customer. Similar to those little plastic things wedged in the back of a new washing machine. 

Either that or a jacking aid as mentioned above.

4 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

Brand new car? Possibly some form of suspension transit block that's been thrown in the boot by the tech when the car was PDI'd.

Fitted at the factory to stop the car jiggling about too much during delivery transit. Should be removed on delivery prior to collection by the customer. Similar to those little plastic things wedged in the back of a new washing machine. 

Either that or a jacking aid as mentioned above.

Yes, new Dacia Duster Comfort.

On 09/07/2021 at 16:05, Poor Shot said:

That was my first thoughts.

On 08/07/2021 at 20:14, Ultrastu said:

I've got one of those. But its twice  as big as that one. 😉

I prefer buttons, not much left at my age.