Well I've had a fun day!

eddoakley

Woke up feeling ok. 10 minutes later aches, shivers, sweats....

Spent the whole day sleeping on the sofa and have just checked temp, 40.4 is apparently pretty warm!?

Haven't been able to move all day and am only just coming around a bit having taken some strong pain killers.

Hopefully that's passed as I don't fancy another day of that!

Edd

8 hours ago, simonm said:

Not had your jab recently? I had a day like that after followed by 4 weeks of headaches 

Not had a jab. 

Nhs call suggests chest infection.

Temp down to 38.5 but can't breathe this morning so that seems likely.

Going to docs this morn for about the 3rd time in 15 years. Must be bad.

Edd

If you know anyone who works in contact services or a school near you give them a shout and see if someone can drop you round a lateral flow test if you can't get out to do the PCR test. 

Fingers crossed its just a wee fever/bug thing, there's quite a lot of that at the minute with restrictions easing

It’s going to be Covid - it’s flying around everywhere right now, but because of the vaccination roll out, the link between rising cases and rising mortality rates appears to have been broken (for those who have had the vaccine, obviously).

If you are sufficiently old / unwell to really warrant your taking the vaccine but you choose not to because you / the bloke off You Tube knows better, well crack on but be a dear and don’t give it to anyone else or trouble the NHS to fix you up.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

It’s going to be Covid - it’s flying around everywhere right now, but because of the vaccination roll out, the link between rising cases and rising mortality rates appears to have been broken (for those who have had the vaccine, obviously).

If you are sufficiently old / unwell to really warrant your taking the vaccine but you choose not to because you / the bloke off You Tube knows better, well crack on but be a dear and don’t give it to anyone else or trouble the NHS to fix you up.

My son and his mother have had a chest infection.

My mother had a negative test 2 days ago after she's had the same symptoms as me for a few days.

Doctors have prescribed antibiotics for a chest infection (telephone appointment).

Not everything is covid!

We are allowed to be ill with other things still.

Edd

6 hours ago, eddoakley said:

My son and his mother have had a chest infection.

My mother had a negative test 2 days ago after she's had the same symptoms as me for a few days.

Doctors have prescribed antibiotics for a chest infection (telephone appointment).

Not everything is covid!

We are allowed to be ill with other things still.

Edd

But would it really hurt to get a test ? Surely a cheat infection isn’t contagious? 
when I had it 18 months ago I thought it was a chest infection and was put on steroids as covid wasn’t announced until a month later 

On 09/07/2021 at 18:53, team tractor said:

But would it really hurt to get a test ? Surely a cheat infection isn’t contagious? 
when I had it 18 months ago I thought it was a chest infection and was put on steroids as covid wasn’t announced until a month later 

We all know he’s got Covid 😆

On 08/07/2021 at 19:44, eddoakley said:

Woke up feeling ok. 10 minutes later aches, shivers, sweats....

Spent the whole day sleeping on the sofa and have just checked temp, 40.4 is apparently pretty warm!?

Haven't been able to move all day and am only just coming around a bit having taken some strong pain killers.

Hopefully that's passed as I don't fancy another day of that!

Edd

Lad in work was exactly the same,  he'd turned in work then started feeling a bit rough, gone home after doing a rapid test and woken up 4hrs later after having a lie down,  high temp and everyone said it'll be covid.

But it wasn't. 

56 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Lad in work was exactly the same,  he'd turned in work then started feeling a bit rough, gone home after doing a rapid test and woken up 4hrs later after having a lie down,  high temp and everyone said it'll be covid.

But it wasn't. 

Funny that. Someone ill and it wasn't covid!!! Surely not.

That would make at least 2 people in the world, me being the other.

Negative result today.

Who would ever believe it? 

Edd

8 hours ago, eddoakley said:

Funny that. Someone ill and it wasn't covid!!! Surely not.

That would make at least 2 people in the world, me being the other.

Negative result today.

Who would ever believe it? 

Edd

I can make it number 3 of being rough as toast but it not being covid. Toddlers aren't great at sharing unless it's an illness.

A couple of weeks ago, my boys (18 & 20) both had a nasty chest infection thing, coughing etc, feeling tired and unfit for work. Both tested negative on a PCR test though and the whole family had negative lateral flow tests throughout.

There are some nasty bugs about,  and after being isolated for a while our natural immunity to these things is perhaps not what it would normally be.  Hope you feel better soon Edd !