Fruit time

team tractor

We have raspberries growing wild in the wood and they taste like raspberries should do.  The cherries are also doing well this year but it looks like a slack year for the walnuts.

Pears, apples, plums, damazenes loaded with fruit again.   I also have about an acre in the wood where the area is covered with blackberries and they are white with flower. Hope they are not all those tiny dry ones.   Great time of the year from now to autumn.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

We have raspberries growing wild in the wood and they taste like raspberries should do.  The cherries are also doing well this year but it looks like a slack year for the walnuts.

Pears, apples, plums, damazenes loaded with fruit again.   I also have about an acre in the wood where the area is covered with blackberries and they are white with flower. Hope they are not all those tiny dry ones.   Great time of the year from now to autumn.

I’ll be up to fill my bags 👍😁

My two Morello cherry trees are doing better this year than last, but where I obtained my bullaces from last year where the trees were laden, they look pretty lean, although there should just be enough for some more bullace vodka. Also, my cherry plum tree has quite a few on so might just experiment with those this year.

My older bullace trees are well stocked and I planted some seedlings about three years ago and they have produced a few plums this year.  Try making some jam. Very highly rated.  Managed to harvest about four double handfuls of Morellos today before the blackbirds had them all an my wife has already devoured half of them.

Working hard to defend my cherries from the crows, and gooseberries from the black birds but anything out in the open is at risk. Logans, black and red currants are in a cage and doing well. 

Trying to eat cherries before the birds do. 

Lots of cherry trees around where we have moved to some have a fair amount of fruit, others not so much and we have discovered two walnut trees, one has a decent amount of fruit the other just a few but it is a young tree. We haven't checked the cherry plum trees yet but hopefully there will be a few.

Although our cherry is protected by a fruit cage, this year we have far fewer fruits and those that we have are tasteless and watery.

The tree has been in the garden for about 25 years. Does it need replacing?

1 hour ago, amateur said:

Although our cherry is protected by a fruit cage, this year we have far fewer fruits and those that we have are tasteless and watery.

The tree has been in the garden for about 25 years. Does it need replacing?

Do you not remember all those frosts we had when the cherries were in blossom?

Your tree doesn't need replacing.

10 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Do you not remember all those frosts we had when the cherries were in blossom?

Your tree doesn't need replacing.

We had no frosts here when the cherry was in blossom. 

I'll see what it's like next year.