Gun stock doors

59 minutes ago, Scully said:

Looking good.
Keruing? A lad I know makes sash windows and all manner of external windows and doors from Keruing. Not cheap, but it doesn’t move, which is great for me as a painter. 

Going slightly off course from T T post , we once made a pair of beer runners out of Keruing to put down the pubs cellar and the carpenter got a small shiver in his hand , within minutes it turned the vein in his arm Blue , to cut a long story short he then spent most of the day up the A + E with suspected blood poisoning , if I remember rightly a very hard and heavy type of timber .

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Looking good.
Keruing? A lad I know makes sash windows and all manner of external windows and doors from Keruing. Not cheap, but it doesn’t move, which is great for me as a painter. 

Sapele 👍. All mahogany family tho . I’ve a few sash windows I’m working on currently too

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Going slightly off course from T T post , we once made a pair of beer runners out of Keruing to put down the pubs cellar and the carpenter got a small shiver in his hand , within minutes it turned the vein in his arm Blue , to cut a long story short he then spent most of the day up the A + E with suspected blood poisoning , if I remember rightly a very hard and heavy type of timber .

I ended up in hospital off iroko recently. Chest pains . 

16 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Sapele 👍. All mahogany family tho . I’ve a few sash windows I’m working on currently too

I ended up in hospital off iroko recently. Chest pains . 

Some of the hard woods can be nasty stuff , when I was working I oversaw the maintenance  and work shops on the estate , in the Summer we used to take on a few boys and girls from the local collage for work experience , what a nightmare , we had to put a brand new ventelation system in the workshop because we used soft and hardwood , warning signs everywhere , provide or make sure they had the right foot ware and so on , we never had enough staff to look after them all day and each year the paper work got more and more to the extent we could no longer take them on , that was nearly 14 years ago , what it is like now , god above knows .   

On 09/07/2021 at 08:45, Scully said:

Looking good.

Made some window sills out of that stuff years ago looked great but the dust nearly killed me even with a mask!