SD4 engine

harrycatcat1

As I have been browsing through different land rover adverts I have noticed that the sd4 engine is being used in the Discovery and the Range Rover Sport.

Has anyone got one in the Discovery or RR sport? Is it powerful enough?

Am I right in saying that this engine has been around since the Freelander? 

Just as as side issue the RR sport with the 2.0ltr sd4 engine has spring suspension and not air, what do you think?

The SD4 was used from the Freelander 2 in the early Discovery Sport. It has plenty of grunt and providing it has hadregular oil changes it very reliable. They have now moved onto the 2 litre engine .

I had a Freelander 2 for 11 year's and was no trouble at all in fact very reliable, the SD4 from memory was 190 bp.

1 hour ago, B725 said:

The SD4 was used from the Freelander 2 in the early Discovery Sport. It has plenty of grunt and providing it has hadregular oil changes it very reliable. They have now moved onto the 2 litre engine .

I had a Freelander 2 for 11 year's and was no trouble at all in fact very reliable, the SD4 from memory was 190 bp.

Easily tuneable up to 230/240 bhp too if done properly. I've got the td4 version upgraded to 228 bhp, it is still good on diesel and much smoother than standard.

s