Browning Maxus

mgsontour

Evening all

I have an old SxS and a couple of Brownings for day to day shooting and certainly no fan of semi-autos but wow for the price these offer a lot in my eyes, so come the odd days I'm faced with really high birds or geese I'm toying with the idea of one. . . . . has anyone used one and how do they rate them?

Browning International - Products - SHOTGUNS - SEMI-AUTO - MAXUS

Thanks in advance

On 09/07/2021 at 20:15, billytheghillie said:

Why pay over a £1k when you could buy a Franchi Affinity for £700 new, plus 7 year warranty.  Excellent guns :good:

Agreed, fantastic guns. My pal has just bought the new affinity with the larger loading port and bolt handle. For £699, IMHO, it’s the best value shotgun currently available.

I did like my maxus, but always felt the build quality was not what I expected from browning when compared to the affinity and the fabarm range. Another pal has the L4S, it cycles brilliantly but almost takes your shoulder apart with power reds.

I had one of the 1st Maxus guns, bought a 30", wouldn't go in the cabinet so took it back and swapped for a 28" that did 🙃.  Would happily cycle 24grm shells (I only shoot clays), was perfect never missed a beat, loved all the technology too however when the novelty wore off I traded it for something else.

Edited by Cosmicblue

1 hour ago, Cosmicblue said:

I had one of the 1st Maxus guns, bought a 30", wouldn't go in the cabinet so took it back and swapped for a 28" that did 🙃.  Would happily cycle 24grm shells (I only shoot clays), was perfect never missed a beat, loved all the technology too however when the novelty wore off I traded it for something else.

Mine will shoot 24g shells no issue, I need to try 21g and see how it fares. 

I was surprised to also find that mine will cycle 65mm shells no problem at all also. 

Being a 3 1/2” chambered gun this means it will fit 3 in the mag tube and 1 in the chamber 😳 Although I have refrained from doing so of course! 

I’m just surprised it cycles 65mm carts. 

On 09/07/2021 at 19:29, mgsontour said:

Evening all

I have an old SxS and a couple of Brownings for day to day shooting and certainly no fan of semi-autos but wow for the price these offer a lot in my eyes, so come the odd days I'm faced with really high birds or geese I'm toying with the idea of one. . . . . has anyone used one and how do they rate them?

Browning International - Products - SHOTGUNS - SEMI-AUTO - MAXUS

Thanks in advance

I have the early one and love it. By god it’s had some shells through it with minimal maintenance and never missed a beat.

On 09/07/2021 at 21:41, Lloyd90 said:

The new Maxus 2 only just came out recently, looks tidy, I bought a Maxus about a month or 2 before, if I’d have known I’d have waited. 

Reviews seem good. They are decent guns at about 2/3 price of the Beretta equivalent. 

whats changed on them as I’m toying with another semi.

On 09/07/2021 at 20:15, billytheghillie said:

Why pay over a £1k when you could buy a Franchi Affinity for £700 new, plus 7 year warranty.  Excellent guns :good:

I saw those today and was very tempted at the price, then I saw the warranty 👍👍👍

Edited by Free range Rob

2 hours ago, Free range Rob said:

I have the early one and love it. By god it’s had some shells through it with minimal maintenance and never missed a beat.

whats changed on them as I’m toying with another semi.

I saw those today and was very tempted at the price, then I saw the warranty 👍👍👍

YouTube do good comparisons. 

Appear to have gone away from the lever forend release and gone back to a screw on cap. 

I think it now has a raised rib and a few other features like the plastic moulding making it look a bit like the Beretta A400. 

Also extended silver choke now as standard it seems.