Jump to content

Marsh Man


Old Boggy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Somewhere in amongst the PW posts, Marsh Man told us that he was to go into hospital for a hernia operation. I must admit that I didn`t spot his post on this and regret wishing him well at the time. He has now had the operation and is on the mend. 

I know that many on here would wish him well, as do I, but perhaps whilst taking it easy at home where his wife is no doubt attending on his every need and with copious cups of tea, he could possibly put finger to PC and relate some of the tales of his youth, particularly those involving his days afloat on his gunning punt, or other such adventures afield. I have read some and they make for the most interesting reading.

So come on John, get writing :thanks:

Kindest regards,

OB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Yes speedy recovery  I had a double one done with key hole surgery  , in and out in a day amazing  work .

I must have had the cheap option 🤔 I measured the cut on mine and it was 5" they must have put weld mesh in mine 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I must have had the cheap option 🤔 I measured the cut on mine and it was 5" they must have put weld mesh in mine 🙄

you need to check that....................they might have used vaginal mesh instead.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

you need to check that....................they might have used vaginal mesh instead.....

I've been thinking about this and you might not be wrong and that's why my Mrs says that I talk like a vagina at times 🤔🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I've been thinking about this and you might not be wrong and that's why my Mrs says that I talk like a vagina at times 🤔🤔

now that you are in-touch with your femenin side...........you could be inline for some compensation ..:yahoo:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Evening All ..... Many THANKS for your kind words and concerns , after being on the forum a few years now it seems like I am talking to good friends rather than members who are complete strangers , I have met one or two now and they are the salt of the earth and couldn't fault them in anyway , having been lucky health wise throughout my life I wasn't looking forward to having my minor operation even though I was putting on a brave face , then after (countryman)) put a thread on about his fore coming Hernia operation I was a lot less fearful after the members who have had the same one in the past kept saying there was nothing to worry about , and one member even said to the hospital it was like changing a light bulb , I wouldn't go that far but I knew what he meant .:drinks:

One little bit of good news , I rang my picker up friend last night to see if he wanted a day on the Peas before they being cut tomorrow and the answer was he would love to , what little wind was forecasted was right for the hide I had left up which also had a comfortable seat leaning against the tree , so all he had to do was to drive as near to the hide as he could ( which was about 80 yds ) put his decoys out , move his motor to behind a clump of trees and make a start , as it turned out he went for the morning as he had other plans for the afternoon and it also started to rain , he rang me later to thank me and to say he had shot around 30 pigeons and the odd Crow .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

jeeesus its getting like a speak easy now on here:lol:

 

 

Not only that , I did hear if the Three Lions bring it home tomorrow night the Mods are going to give us all a day off Monday and wipe all previous offenders slate's clean  .:good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Not only that , I did hear if the Three Lions bring it home tomorrow night the Mods are going to give us all a day off Monday and wipe all previous offenders slate's clean  .:good:

That won't happen then!:w00t:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Not only that , I did hear if the Three Lions bring it home tomorrow night the Mods are going to give us all a day off Monday and wipe all previous offenders slate's clean  .:good:

Now, there are ‘Previous offenders’ and ‘serial offenders’.

We know which famous Norfolk resident fits into the latter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Now, there are ‘Previous offenders’ and ‘serial offenders’.

We know which famous Norfolk resident fits into the latter!

oi......yew calling me a sugar puff/..........sonny ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I missed Marsh Mans post so I’m wishing you all the best in your recovery. I’m still sucking air and not been affected by COVID and managing a few outings after the pigeons. DB has been out with Topgunners and Bunny_Blaster has been busy with his first 300 plus bag of this years barley. He is currently isolating having proved positive.

I’ve downsized dramatically from a seven bedroomed, three garage house to a normal semi with one garage. I’ve just had a thirty foot man cave built in the garden but have at least two garages of useful stuff after 33 years of collecting in storage. I had four hundred birds collected today so my freezers are empty ready for the barley.

Marsh Man sorry to hijack your post but my old iPad would not let me respond or post . I look forward to your comments on my efforts in the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

I missed Marsh Mans post so I’m wishing you all the best in your recovery. I’m still sucking air and not been affected by COVID and managing a few outings after the pigeons. DB has been out with Topgunners and Bunny_Blaster has been busy with his first 300 plus bag of this years barley. He is currently isolating having proved positive.

I’ve downsized dramatically from a seven bedroomed, three garage house to a normal semi with one garage. I’ve just had a thirty foot man cave built in the garden but have at least two garages of useful stuff after 33 years of collecting in storage. I had four hundred birds collected today so my freezers are empty ready for the barley.

Marsh Man sorry to hijack your post but my old iPad would not let me respond or post . I look forward to your comments on my efforts in the field.

Really good to know you are keeping well after what the world have been through the last 18 months or so , I know by past experience how stressful it is moving after being in the same property for a good number of years and our last house was just a three bedroom with no garage , so I would hate to think the amount of stuff you had accumulated in a large house with three garages , looking forward to your next report ( like many others on the forum ) about your next encounter with our favourite sporting bird , the Wood Pigeon . GOOD LUCK .   MM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Really good to know you are keeping well after what the world have been through the last 18 months or so , I know by past experience how stressful it is moving after being in the same property for a good number of years and our last house was just a three bedroom with no garage , so I would hate to think the amount of stuff you had accumulated in a large house with three garages , looking forward to your next report ( like many others on the forum ) about your next encounter with our favourite sporting bird , the Wood Pigeon . GOOD LUCK .   MM

Thanks MM will do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...