Police corruption

henry d

22 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Absolutely agree with you there. 

It's obvious there's been a huge failure. The point I made above, is that to suggest the powers that be believed he was going around commiting indecent exposure and choosing to ignore it is ridiculous. 

That's tin foil hat stuff. 

Well theres plenty of videos on youtube that show behaviour that can't really be condoned just going by the by (with other officers watching). Some of those videos do indicate that some police that have been caught, I'd suggest somewhat stupidly, on camera demonstrating either a lack of understanding of the law or a lack of need for it to apply to them or both.

I personally got barged out the way of a met officer going into McDs in a hurry - I assumed due to his urgency to arrest someone but no he came out and got in the patrol car (waiting on double yellows) a few minutes later with a take away. I'm 100% sure if someone else would have been stopped on Doubles outside McDs pretty much any police would have moved them on.

I personally believe that much of whats said in this thread combines with a situation where "minor crime" is so difficult to prosecute (thanks to CPS) it's easier to put politically astute people into senior roles, and if they fit certain profiles all the better, that can just say the right things and nick the average motorist for speeding rather than going after career burglars that just sit there say "no comment" and if they dont incriminate themselves its just too difficult to deal with.

There shouldnt be a situation where the best person for the job is set aside for political or appearances sake, but it does seem quite common.

If theres a general feeling amongst at least a decent portion of the police they only have to adhere to what laws they personally think are important, why wouldnt general society start to develop a similar viewpoint?

D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Downforce said:

Well theres plenty of videos on youtube that show behaviour that can't really be condoned just going by the by (with other officers watching). Some of those videos do indicate that some police that have been caught, I'd suggest somewhat stupidly, on camera demonstrating either a lack of understanding of the law or a lack of need for it to apply to them or both.

I personally got barged out the way of a met officer going into McDs in a hurry - I assumed due to his urgency to arrest someone but no he came out and got in the patrol car (waiting on double yellows) a few minutes later with a take away. I'm 100% sure if someone else would have been stopped on Doubles outside McDs pretty much any police would have moved them on.

I personally believe that much of whats said in this thread combines with a situation where "minor crime" is so difficult to prosecute (thanks to CPS) it's easier to put politically astute people into senior roles, and if they fit certain profiles all the better, that can just say the right things and nick the average motorist for speeding rather than going after career burglars that just sit there say "no comment" and if they dont incriminate themselves its just too difficult to deal with.

There shouldnt be a situation where the best person for the job is set aside for political or appearances sake, but it does seem quite common.

If theres a general feeling amongst at least a decent portion of the police they only have to adhere to what laws they personally think are important, why wouldnt general society start to develop a similar viewpoint?

D

I don't know why your asking me all this. I simply stated that suggesting the police force would purposely turn a blind eye to one of its officers wandering around flashing at people is utterly ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I don't know why your asking me all this. I simply stated that suggesting the police force would purposely turn a blind eye to one of its officers wandering around flashing at people is utterly ridiculous. 

I wasnt asking you I was responding to your point and stating that its on YouTube if you want to go watch it

D

32 minutes ago, Downforce said:

I wasnt asking you I was responding to your point and stating that its on YouTube if you want to go watch it

D

And I absolutely agree there will be officers who fall far short of the expected professional standards we as the public should expect. The only point I've made on this thread is to suggest there is some sort of wide spread cover up that would turn a blind eye to an officer flashing at people is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

And I absolutely agree there will be officers who fall far short of the expected professional standards we as the public should expect. The only point I've made on this thread is to suggest there is some sort of wide spread cover up that would turn a blind eye to an officer flashing at people is ridiculous. 

I'm saying that calling it a "cover up" is different in the eyes of the politically sensitive senior officers than a general view held by a significant number of police officers that they can behave how they like and if they show their warrant card they are much less likely to be investigated/prosecued than joe public as police are considered by police to be "always right" even when YouTube videos burst that bubble.

So if the police themselves dont hold themselves to the highest standards and then when something turns bad, spinning it is the preferred method - I think others have mentioned the tendency for Ms. **** to stand in front of the camera and basically say "all good, nothing to see here" - how far away from that is that from being what could be called a "cover up"?

Its a question not a statement - the question is where do you stop calling it business as normal and start calling it a cover up once you are already on the slippery slope.

D

7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Not sure what the point was in this - if there was one. Incidentally - it was Goodyear tyres.

Yep Goodyear thats what i meant 🙂

There was indeed a subtle point which was that being a senior cop in the 70s with the reputation of Sir Robert Mark was supposedly, I guess, to imply you know about everything and are a reputable trustworthy and appropriate person to endorse a product on the grounds of safety (as opposed to being a Dr in tyre rubber that would actually know about such things!) and that view may have changed over time by the chances that its just as likely to get put in a position becuase of things like equality and politics. Being good at politics is essentially saying the right thing.

To sumarise

Sir Robert Mark - highly respected and honourable reputation

Ms Cressida **** - I'll let you decide

D

Of course there's corruption in the police there like everybody else human . We used to joke when we where younger if there was a break in at a shop the beat copper had to beat the car to it to get his share  But i know for fact of a police officer getting drunk and driving home from his local bowling club and his mates turned a blind eye . I work with a chief inspectors son and his dad flung him out because the amount of times workmates had a word in his ear about his son driving home from work after having a few drinks but he like the other guy was never arrested ?? 

2 hours ago, Downforce said:

I'm saying that calling it a "cover up" is different in the eyes of the politically sensitive senior officers than a general view held by a significant number of police officers that they can behave how they like and if they show their warrant card they are much less likely to be investigated/prosecued than joe public as police are considered by police to be "always right" even when YouTube videos burst that bubble.

So if the police themselves dont hold themselves to the highest standards and then when something turns bad, spinning it is the preferred method - I think others have mentioned the tendency for Ms. **** to stand in front of the camera and basically say "all good, nothing to see here" - how far away from that is that from being what could be called a "cover up"?

Its a question not a statement - the question is where do you stop calling it business as normal and start calling it a cover up once you are already on the slippery slope.

D

I'm not sure I can agree with that. Corruption used to be rife. I'd say these days it's almost gone too far the other way with criminals virtually running around unabated, while police are too afraid of their own shadow to deal with them. 

I am not sure what the up to date division is, but in GMP some years ago - "Y" Division dealt with Police disciplinary matters. Those outside of that Division were reputed to be very wary of the "zealots" who pursued Police personnel, who did not live up to a high standard.

I don't know if they still exist or whether they are as zealous as they were, but they were not to be crossed.

Well I’ll never date another police officer after marrying one .

I met a lovely polish girl last year but she told me she had joined the police so after 2 months I had to walk and wished her well. She’s since left after finding out the corruption.

my soon to be ex wife set me up . 5 armed officers dragged me out my own house in my pants and I had another 5 investigated for corruption. I was kept on bail for 3 months while their inspector lived in my house with my wife. 

My mate is an officer and I trust him 100% but he’s told me about others being thrown out .
Nev and another friend on here are both retired officers and I trust them both very much after they’ve both stood by me . 

Edited by team tractor

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Sweet Jesus that inspector is not a bright bunny. Many men would not gave the patience or forgiveness in them!

He parked on my drive then she lied to social services about him being there during lockdown. No charges against him ever . The best was I had him removed for trespassing 😁😁by the police but yet again he kept his job.

18 hours ago, team tractor said:

Well I’ll never date another police officer after marrying one .

I met a lovely polish girl last year but she told me she had joined the police so after 2 months I had to walk and wished her well. She’s since left after finding out the corruption.

my soon to be ex wife set me up . 5 armed officers dragged me out my own house in my pants and I had another 5 investigated for corruption. I was kept on bail for 3 months while their inspector lived in my house with my wife. 

My mate is an officer and I trust him 100% but he’s told me about others being thrown out .
Nev and another friend on here are both retired officers and I trust them both very much after they’ve both stood by me . 

Blimey.

I reckon there still corrupt but trying to clean up there act . My last boss was a barstool started off in the police left before he was fired who every leaves the police its a job for life ?. did 4 years listening to him he ran the anti terrorist  unit one of the lads checked out total bull. Then  he spent 4 years getting a degree , 4 years working as a security manager at a collage then he can to his and just before the 4 years where up he left before getting sacked for bullying discrimination & harassment it leaked threw to us his actions cost over 560k he didn't have a clue he could talk the talk but not walk the walk as his director said