How loud is a blank pistol?

1 hour ago, 39TDS said:

Hilarious that it is drinking straws that got banned rather than a 22

Lol,  California is a different world.  Fun fact about that.  The restaurants can give a plastic straw but only after you ask for it.  So if you order a drink it comes with a paper straw.  Nobody likes paper straws so they ask for a plastic straw.  Now the paper and plastic straw goes in the landfill instead of just the plastic one.  It’s makes perfect since if you think about it.  Kinda like our spill proof gas cans that cause you to dump have the can on the ground when you try to fill the lawnmower.  

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

You appear to be conflating the Republic of California with the rest of the United States. 

This,  Cali has the dumbest laws you can imagine.  Of course New York is trying hard to complete.  They banded street vendors from selling fountain drinks 32 once and larger because corn syrup is unhealthy.   So venders now sell 24oz cups.  But they do buy one get one free.  The cups are then hooked together in a plastic tray to make it one 48oz cup.  

This is what I was talking about.  It’s a staple in poor neighborhood where fireworks are not in the budget.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2021 at 11:19, JDog said:

Cleaning ones gun after use is an integral part of shooting. Not being prepared to clean it after use is a poor reason for not using it.

Competitive clay shooters don't appear to clean their shotguns, ive seen dozens brought into the shop to trade that look like they have never been cleaned. I think thats why so many have chrome bores

47 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Competitive clay shooters don't appear to clean their shotguns, ive seen dozens brought into the shop to trade that look like they have never been cleaned. I think thats why so many have chrome bores

More likely BECAUSE so many have chrome bores. 
That makes people think there is no need to clean them.

Wrong.

On 11/07/2021 at 19:29, PeterHenry said:

Only a basic one (the Bruni Olympic 6 looks good to me) so I could pick it up before I go out and keep it in my barbour pocket when I'm about in the fields.

For those near Leicester I have some red tip .22 R/F long blanks from the days of the .22 R/F captive bolt killer. These were back then listed as being "small animal" power. I'd be happy to sell these .22 R/F Cash Captive Bolt Blanks at £5 per 100 collect and discounted at £20 per 500 and £35 per 1000. 

Edited by enfieldspares

5 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

For those near Leicester I have some red tip .22 R/F long blanks from the days of the .22 R/F captive bolt killer. These were back then listed as being "small animal" power. I'd be happy to sell these .22 R/F Cash Captive Bolt Blanks at £5 per 100 collect and discounted at £20 per 500 and £35 per 1000. 

Do you need an FAC to buy these?

5 hours ago, sandspider said:

With the .22 in the straw, does the bullet come out with any velocity? I'd guess not much, as there's no barrel to direct it and contain the explosion?

No, the bullet is the heaviest part.  The bullet says still and the case explodes into small pieces.  The pieces don’t break the skin but you can feel them

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Really? They always work.  What ammo brand was you using? 

Magtech - inconsistent ammo, got quite a few sonic rounds. Was given it. The rim was quite dented - we tried multiple times, onto concrete and a rough road planing track, throwing it quite high in the air. Eventually we resorted to pushing it through an existing hole in a card target and shooting it. That worked :D