Browning maxus loading

Harry136

On 11/07/2021 at 22:00, Harry136 said:

Hi

I've had my Maxus or a few years now, however, when loading the second cartridge through the loading gate, my thumb always gets stuck.

Anyone else experience this or can offer any ideas?

Thanks

I know when you are using the speed loading system for the first cartridge I have to swipe it with my thumb up rather than push it in. Maybe try and keep your thumb more vertical rather than pushing the cartridge in horizontally. And keep the tip of your thumb lower down on the brass as you are pushing it into the magazine. When I got my Maxus I spent a bit of time loading shells, ejecting and reloading out in a field before I was happy with a technique that worked for me. I initially  had an issue with the second cartridge jamming after the first cartridge was fired and ejected. I found it was all in the way I was loading. There is a definite knack to loading a Maxus , but its very much a learning to ride a bike situation. Once you've figured it out you dont do it again. Thats my two cents! Hope it helps.

I have used a Benelli auto for years, and have made a point of not turning it over to reload, but turning it half way ( ie with the opening facing forward)

Then , when I push the cartridges into the magazine, my thumb is pointing at right angles to the axis of the breech. Then it never gets bitten .Try this .