Service recommendation

Zapp

Hi all

I have a Titan Mohawk which I bought with my wages from a job washing dishes in an Italian Restaurant a little under 30 years ago.  It could definitely do with a service now as it doesnt compress consistently anymore.  I'm looking for recommendations on who I could send it to to get a proper service done on it.

Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, Zapp said:

Hi all

I have a Titan Mohawk which I bought with my wages from a job washing dishes in an Italian Restaurant a little under 30 years ago.  It could definitely do with a service now as it doesnt compress consistently anymore.  I'm looking for recommendations on who I could send it to to get a proper service done on it.

Thanks in advance.

never even heard of it............just had a look on the reveiw............very interesting weapon....looks quality made as well.....went on gunstar....wooow ....2nd hand they are not cheap............

would be really interested after you have had it serviced if you could put some pics up and shooting stats......

like that....:good:

Brilliant, thanks all.  I (stupidly) hadnt even considered John Bowkett!

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

never even heard of it............just had a look on the reveiw............very interesting weapon....looks quality made as well.....went on gunstar....wooow ....2nd hand they are not cheap............

would be really interested after you have had it serviced if you could put some pics up and shooting stats......

like that....:good:

I had heard they are quite rare now.  I think I'm right in saying they came out just before or after the precharged Manitou, but the prospect of saving up my £12.50 a week for the rifle and charging equipment ruled that out.  At the time I was really heavily into hunting with airguns and I practised until I could shoot offhand to a pretty good standard up to 40 yards on the basis that it was a waste of effort stalking up if you then fluffed the shot.

This led to my becoming interested in non-recoilling rifles because this removed one of the variables, and the Mohawk being self-contained in terms of power source was the perfect choice.

The rifle itself is very well made.  It is long and quite heavy, which both aids and hinders offhand shooting.  Cocking (or rather charging) it is an interesting operation, as the charging arm is nearly as long as the rifle.  This is swung out all the way (although you can charge to lower power if you wish) and then, with the rifle held upright against the body, is brought back and locked in to compress the cylinder.  Not wanting to tempt fate, but I was always surprised I never lost my grip and chinned myself with it.  the important bit though is that this operation provides a full-power shot with no recoil.  It is, however, quite a bit slower than a break barrel for example, and much harder to do stealthily, so follow up shots in the event of a clean miss werent easy to achieve.

In terms of accuracy, I cant fault it.  It could put Eley Wasps on top of each other as far as I wanted to shoot it.

I'll try to get some pics later.  Unfortunately it sat in a cupboard at my parents house for 20 years at least so there is some rust.

I dont have a chronograph but if someone nearby has one I could borrow or use I'd be happy to provide stats etc once it is done.