Chrono recommendations

Diver One

It's probably been done to death, so apologies in advance

im looking for advice on a chrono. Initially I was seeking a Combro but it appears he has ceased production. I 'think' I only want something basic BUT ,as always , will I want something better after a few weeks?😂

Thanks in advance

What speeds are you wanting it to test? 

For airgun use there are some cheap Chinese things on ebay for about £30

For 'proper' speeds you will struggle to beat the caldwell precision, about £85 on amazon, works well with all my centrefires. 

Then there's the magnetospeed for a lot more... 

Thanks for the responses

for 64.5 years I never really wanted an air rifle

now I have an AA s410 .22 and a Reximex regime/axis 177 both sub 12s. I just want to know what they are putting out. I can't ever see me getting a FAC.

i quite like the recording feature. Looks like tonight I shall be googling the above recommendations, thank you 

9 hours ago, Diver One said:

It's probably been done to death, so apologies in advance

im looking for advice on a chrono. Initially I was seeking a Combro but it appears he has ceased production. I 'think' I only want something basic BUT ,as always , will I want something better after a few weeks?😂

Thanks in advance

News to me , Robin repaired and re calibrated mine a few weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, old man said:

News to me , Robin repaired and re calibrated mine a few weeks ago.

I have read in a few places that he is still repairing and selling spares but NOT manufacturing the complete unit due to chip supply issues. It's a pity as I liked his unit ( my mate has one )

i have sent him 3 emails and had no response

Just now, Diver One said:

I have read in a few places that he is still repairing and selling spares but NOT manufacturing the complete unit due to chip supply issues. It's a pity as I liked his unit ( my mate has one )

i have sent him 3 emails and had no response

He is very busy, try giving him a ring?

On 13/07/2021 at 21:41, Diver One said:

Just been googling.

Is the FX airguns Wireless model any good/anybody got one?

Yes I have  , yes they are good but can give high or low readings depending on where you place them on the barrel 

I know exactly where to fit mine by testing with another chronograph 

I have heard good and bad about LMBR 

UPDATE

I have talked to Robin and can reliably report as follows

He is having trouble sourcing the 'chips' as the production run from the factory has ended. Additionally there is an issue in the Tooling used to produce one of the small metal components. In both cases he is in the process of obtaining alternatives.

with this in mind he is only repairing ( subject to parts stock availability ), calibrating and supplying spares as per his website. He assures me this is only a minor hiccup/glitch and to paraphrase the words of Arnie, "he'll be back." But at present he does not know the timescale . I am not desperate yet, so I am going to wait.

and, may I add? , what a very nice man to talk with!  

Edited by Diver One

9 hours ago, Diver One said:

UPDATE

I have talked to Robin and can reliably report as follows

He is having trouble sourcing the 'chips' as the production run from the factory has ended. Additionally there is an issue in the Tooling used to produce one of the small metal components. In both cases he is in the process of obtaining alternatives.

with this in mind he is only repairing ( subject to parts stock availability ), calibrating and supplying spares as per his website. He assures me this is only a minor hiccup/glitch and to paraphrase the words of Arnie, "he'll be back." But at present he does not know the timescale . I am not desperate yet, so I am going to wait.

and, may I add? , what a very nice man to talk with!  

👍