Stoeger XM1

steve_b_wales

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the BSA Gamo G X 40 would be an ideal first time budget PCP, rifle only and Hawke scope , can be filled with a pump, 

:good:He was looking at the one I mentioned because it comes with a scope and moderator. I know he's going to get a Hills pump once he's got a PCP rifle. He wants it was a bit of ratting on his son in laws allotment and for feral pigeons in some stables that his daughter keeps a horse. To be honest, I'm quite impressed at what's on offer for such a low'ish price.

Hi Steve, i've got one. It hasnt been used much, but seems pretty reliable to me so far. Comes with 2 magazines, a single pellet loading tray, nice clear scope, mod, 2 different combs and grips, and it;s easy to fill from a dive bottle. Good for plinking in the garden or knocking over rats. It's not regulated though so you need to figure out the sweet pressure spot and zero at that, or do what i did and assume it'll always be full/close to full and zero from there. Im no expert on air  rifles mind you, but it does what i need it to!

AB

Edited by AlistairB

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

:good:He was looking at the one I mentioned because it comes with a scope and moderator. I know he's going to get a Hills pump once he's got a PCP rifle. He wants it was a bit of ratting on his son in laws allotment and for feral pigeons in some stables that his daughter keeps a horse. To be honest, I'm quite impressed at what's on offer for such a low'ish price.

Hello steve, I can see the attraction but it would be the GX 40 for me, hills are good pumps but mine cost £20 , go on the UK AGF air gun forum and ask the members, also get some reviews on both, cheers

44 minutes ago, AlistairB said:

Hi Steve, i've got one. It hasnt been used much, but seems pretty reliable to me so far. Comes with 2 magazines, a single pellet loading tray, nice clear scope, mod, 2 different combs and grips, and it;s easy to fill from a dive bottle. Good for plinking in the garden or knocking over rats. It's not regulated though so you need to figure out the sweet pressure spot and zero at that, or do what i did and assume it'll always be full/close to full and zero from there. Im no expert on air  rifles mind you, but it does what i need it to!

AB

Thanks. :good:

43 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello steve, I can see the attraction but it would be the GX 40 for me, hills are good pumps but mine cost £20 , go on the UK AGF air gun forum and ask the members, also get some reviews on both, cheers

What make of pump are you using, and does it have a moisture trap?

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Thanks. :good:

What make of pump are you using, and does it have a moisture trap?

Hello, it's a chinese pump called greensen something but there all the same off Amazon, filter was £6 off eBay, short blue stubby one, from China not uk with spare filters,  it does make it harder to pump, I shall cut the filters in half from 1 inch to half and still get same effect on moisture, there was special offer a few months back where these were £4.99, many 100s on the forums bought one, still only £20 off Amazon , 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it's a chinese pump called greensen something but there all the same off Amazon, filter was £6 off eBay, short blue stubby one, from China not uk with spare filters,  it does make it harder to pump, I shall cut the filters in half from 1 inch to half and still get same effect on moisture, there was special offer a few months back where these were £4.99, many 100s on the forums bought one, still only £20 off Amazon , 

Thank you.