Some recent work

Scully

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mr.T said:

Scully, When I read a comment that you were a painter I thought you meant Dulux and a 4 inch brush😂 You have an amazing talent Sir, I take my hat off to you, your pictures are truly awesome 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻

I do that too! I just use smaller brushes for these. 🙂

Many thanks again all. 👍

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Still blown away by your talent, do you do portrait or landscape ?

Thankyou. I haven’t done portraits for many a year as it would mean a change of medium as acrylics aren’t really suited to portraits. I do paint landscapes, mostly local scenes, which sell well, and trees sell especially well. image.jpeg.c9fbf214d0c4d101e7f992bc3c58b0d9.jpegimage.jpeg.4723427bedb8b6a8f7fb841a9fa3b107.jpeg

Edited by Scully
No picture!

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Thankyou. I haven’t done portraits for many a year as it would mean a change of medium as acrylics aren’t really suited to portraits. I do paint landscapes, mostly local scenes, which sell well, and trees sell especially well. image.jpeg.c9fbf214d0c4d101e7f992bc3c58b0d9.jpegimage.jpeg.4723427bedb8b6a8f7fb841a9fa3b107.jpeg

Wheres the like button. please excuse another question. did you study at college or self taught, also what galleries are you in, [if i find myself in Edinburgh or the lakes] 

7 hours ago, islandgun said:

Wheres the like button. please excuse another question. did you study at college or self taught, also what galleries are you in, [if i find myself in Edinburgh or the lakes] 

Never went to college unfortunately, but have always drawn, from as far back as I can remember. 
I have work in the Biscuit Factory in Newcastle, Torrance Gallery in Edinburgh, Courtyard Gallery in Appleby, Lake Artists Society in Rheged in September, and various pop ups and fairs, exhibitions all over really. The annual Borders Art Fair in Kelso is a favourite also. 
Thanks for taking an interes, am chuffed you like them. 🙂

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Never went to college unfortunately, but have always drawn, from as far back as I can remember. 
I have work in the Biscuit Factory in Newcastle, Torrance Gallery in Edinburgh, Courtyard Gallery in Appleby, Lake Artists Society in Rheged in September, and various pop ups and fairs, exhibitions all over really. The annual Borders Art Fair in Kelso is a favourite also. 
Thanks for taking an interes, am chuffed you like them. 🙂

Brilliant and inspirational, I will certainly make a point of visiting some of the above.. [better start saving]

Again, many thanks all, and yes OPP, it was a while before I could listen to the Living Years, and even now I can get quite melancholic listening to it.

A mate says he sometimes still finds it hard to listen to, and it must be 25 years since his Dad died.