Air rifle opinions please.

harrycatcat1

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Essex cut price airguns will sell you a P15 for under £400 (the best price you will find anywhere, some are asking more second hand), this will give you enough money for a used Nikko Stirling or Hawke scope and a pump. The P15 is regulated, will put over 100 shots down range within a few fps of each other, weighs less than a tarts handbag, is dead easy to work on (the trigger is usually terrible but 5 minutes with a key and you're laughing) and matches my S510R for accuracy. Shame you're not local to me, I would lend you mine for a couple of weeks.

Good call bruno, 👍

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Just to conclude the thread I have just picked up a new SMK PR900W from Brampton Gun room local to me. They said when I want it filling just bring it back. 

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to help me make a decision. 👍

Enjoy 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2021 at 14:45, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, how you finding the 900 Harry ?? Looks a decent RFD, 

Sorry I have only just seen your post.

I like it, I've been a shotgun shooter for a long time and it's the transition that's difficult.  Holding the gun steady, one eye, always shot both eyes open.

The gun is good it's me that's the problem.  For the price you can't go wrong for a starter gun.

The chaps at Brampton Gun room were very helpful and could recommend anyone local to contact them if they wanted anything air rifle.

21 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Sorry I have only just seen your post.

I like it, I've been a shotgun shooter for a long time and it's the transition that's difficult.  Holding the gun steady, one eye, always shot both eyes open.

The gun is good it's me that's the problem.  For the price you can't go wrong for a starter gun.

The chaps at Brampton Gun room were very helpful and could recommend anyone local to contact them if they wanted anything air rifle.

Hello , yes I am the same, switching between shotgun and , Rifle, Air rifle, I have the 900 in 22, still only setting up, I tried with an old Hawke scope but think the adjusters are not working right🙄, I have an expensive Nikon but not sure I want to use on a cheapy PCP, you can up grade to a air bottle with 200 plus shots per fill, I got a cheap Chinese pump , cheers

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello , yes I am the same, switching between shotgun and , Rifle, Air rifle, I have the 900 in 22, still only setting up, I tried with an old Hawke scope but think the adjusters are not working right🙄, I have an expensive Nikon but not sure I want to use on a cheapy PCP, you can up grade to a air bottle with 200 plus shots per fill, I got a cheap Chinese pump , cheers

Yes I'm still setting the scopes up, I blame the adjusters too when I miss 🤫🤣

They (Brampton Gun room) filled the gun up with air and said bring it back when you want it filling. Does the Chinese pump work OK? How long does it take to fill it?

10 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Yes I'm still setting the scopes up, I blame the adjusters too when I miss 🤫🤣

They (Brampton Gun room) filled the gun up with air and said bring it back when you want it filling. Does the Chinese pump work OK? How long does it take to fill it?

Hello, these only do 30/40 shots per fill, enough to zero first time, yes pump works ok, only tried topping up, I would expect 50 pumps to fill from yellow to red , lots of people on the UK AGF bought one, mines a Greensen make, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

25 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, these only do 30/40 shots per fill, enough to zero first time, yes pump works ok, only tried topping up, I would expect 50 pumps to fill from yellow to red , lots of people on the UK AGF bought one, mines a Greensen make, 

Thanks, I've just looked on fleebay at pumps and there are a fair few on there, I suppose its the luck of the draw if they work or keep working. 

On 07/08/2021 at 09:24, oldypigeonpopper said:

I bought a pump off fleebay for nineteen quid, needless to say it's Chinese.  I've just filled my gun up from the top of yellow to the top of green in no time. I was surprised because I'm on antibiotics for a chest infection and it was better than any inhaler 🤣🤣🤣

Quite pleased that for a cheapo thing it was so efficient,  for how long, I don't know.

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I bought a pump off fleebay for nineteen quid, needless to say it's Chinese.  I've just filled my gun up from the top of yellow to the top of green in no time. I was surprised because I'm on antibiotics for a chest infection and it was better than any inhaler 🤣🤣🤣

Quite pleased that for a cheapo thing it was so efficient,  for how long, I don't know.

Hello, well done harry, as long as you keep the air topped up the seals should hold ok, if you find the fill adapter goes to far in and past air hole so you have to hold out, I put 2 round seals on my adapter so it sits in just right, 

15 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well done harry, as long as you keep the air topped up the seals should hold ok, if you find the fill adapter goes to far in and past air hole so you have to hold out, I put 2 round seals on my adapter so it sits in just right, 

Thanks for that, it seamed quite easy to be honest but I will watch that it doesn't go in too far.👍👍