Few pigeons over maize. Caution ⚠️ the odd expletives escaped my lips.

muncher

37 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done I enjoyed that, good honest shooting.

I did get better as the afternoon went on but I started very poorly, I will say the one that was too good for me dropped dead over the field. 

31 minutes ago, oowee said:

Great video and a cracking day out. I long for a day when i may see some pigeons commit to a field. 

Thanks I just shoved it together. I hoped a few would enjoy it. 

Some nice shots and good action , thanks for posting.
The long retrieve by your dog is also worth mentioning, we do like to see some dog work.
Were you just forgetting to release the safety catch, or is it a problem ?
Its my experience there is nothing worse than an intermittent sticky safety , I have had a few problem guns over the years.

Nice to see a video where not every bird is brought down and the man with the gun is only human, and not someone who never miss as we all know is never the case , some very good birds taken on and quite a few paid the price. 

I know the magnet was drawing the Pigeons in  but I have never shot Pigeons on Maize that was that high ,  Sugar beet on the odd occasion  ( weeds amongst the beet ) but not on Maize . 

Good video and THANKS for posting .

12 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Some nice shots and good action , thanks for posting.
The long retrieve by your dog is also worth mentioning, we do like to see some dog work.
Were you just forgetting to release the safety catch, or is it a problem ?
Its my experience there is nothing worse than an intermittent sticky safety , I have had a few problem guns over the years.

The safety is selective movement, and I keep getting it in the middle so it won’t come off. I have a piece of tape down one side now to solve my clumsy thumb. 

12 hours ago, marsh man said:

Nice to see a video where not every bird is brought down and the man with the gun is only human, and not someone who never miss as we all know is never the case , some very good birds taken on and quite a few paid the price. 

I know the magnet was drawing the Pigeons in  but I have never shot Pigeons on Maize that was that high ,  Sugar beet on the odd occasion  ( weeds amongst the beet ) but not on Maize . 

Good video and THANKS for posting .

The maize was about 2 ft tall and they didn’t want that field it was the field behind of wheat they wanted. 

1 hour ago, muncher said:

The maize was about 2 ft tall and they didn’t want that field it was the field behind of wheat they wanted. 

Yes , I gathered they didn't want the Maize and it shows how effective the rotary is on the day when used by somebody who is very experienced in Pigeon shooting and can see a good prospect where lesser ones would have passed it by . 

Well done and keep the video's coming , by the way, How is the other half of the M+M team keeping , been a bit quiet lately ??