Grey partridge chicks!

Hi all,

I know it’s a bit late in the day but I’m hoping to release some grey partridge ASAP.

Haven’t had any luck thus far in finding day olds or even eggs so I’m having a last attempt on this forum.

If anyone can give me a contact in the DORSET area that would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

You've missed the boat for this season really, anything that was available would likely have been accounted for some time ago.

I presume you don't want these for shooting this coming season?  Maybe to re-stock and boost the wild breeding population?  If you got day olds some time next week they'd not be viable to shoot until nearly Christmas!

If you're trying to re-introduce greys or bolster up the wild population with a hope of generating a sustainable amount to shoot, can I urge you to get some info from the GWCT regarding the subject first?  It may not be as simplistic as you'd first think, and it may indeed be counter-productive, or at least fruitless, to introduce captive-bred birds.