Flys in the house 🪰

harrycatcat1

6 hours ago, oowee said:

Sticky bait near the blue light and you have an active trap that realy works. Trouble with any of the bait stuff is the scent can draw them into the house to start with. 

The stickers aren't bait, they just look like a sunflower, flys walk over it when buzzing against the window. 

6 minutes ago, wildrover77 said:

I just paid 56 pounds for a bug a salt including delivery. Expensive

best fun I have had in ages.

buying up salt in bulk and now have repetitive  strain injury.

have killed two on the wing!

house fly free!

I did look at them, and felt that spreading salt (which is hygroscopic and hence assists corrosion/decay) around the house might not be a good idea.  Not sure if I am being over cautious, or whether this might be a legitimate concern?

9 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I did look at them, and felt that spreading salt (which is hygroscopic and hence assists corrosion/decay) around the house might not be a good idea.  Not sure if I am being over cautious, or whether this might be a legitimate concern?

It’ll keep the slugs at bay too 😂

Just a point of note, those tennis racquet-style gadgets (I know them as the ZAP BAT) originated in the far east where mosquitoes are a big problem and hence they are a commonplace household item there.  They're not designed to tackle the house flies/bluebottles etc that we get plagued by in our homes over here, because those kind of flies are too big to get a sufficient amount of body contact through the mesh and onto the electrified grid - hence why a ZAP BAT mosquito kill is so dramatic and satisfying ;)

4 hours ago, elgreco said:

Well, I’ve invested in a Bug a salt gun. It arrived yesterday now I’m armed and dangerous 🤣 

I would do the same, but if my shooting of flies is anything like clays, it will be a complete waste of money :lol:

Edited by Newbie to this

went to put some waste in the bin yesterday.........opened it up and an enormouse thick ...dense ....black cloud of flies came out.....they were like the flies you see burrowing up the feathers of dead pigeons during summer...UGH!

we use the ribbon type things  £1.50 on the kitchen door  no flies     the odd wasp    if windows open as well    one of those electric tennis racquets zap things   love watching the kids push the button and forget     while poking a finger  in  the wires  bits  its a larfff               PVC Door Strip Curtain Stop Flying Insect Mosquito Bug Blind Screen Flies 90x200 | eBay    this an idea          your local pound shop   will have for less                       a half bottle of beer kills all sorts   while working on site most machines yellow attracted undesirables   a half bottle of beer kept the driver safe  from wasps and flies        

On 20/07/2021 at 20:34, London Best said:

That amount would have bought you two decent box lock non ejectors in today’s market!

Heck, if the wife’s grumpy about salt laying around the place what would she be like if those were used? 😂