Extreme Weather Warning Just Been Issued ?

marsh man

scare tactics ,they want us to stop eating meat and then tell us we've got to become vegans, use no animal products , wear syntetic clothes and shoes that are made from oil derived products , anyone seen an oil cracking plant ? I have and you would not want one in your garden belive me !

I think it was 1952 and we had a similar very hot summer when I got severe sunburn.  Had one or two very hot summers since then. I suppose these people in the weather business feel they have to issue some reponse to cover their backsides. Lot of good hay been made this last ten days.  WARNING  WARNING we are due a VERY cold winter and some heavy snow.  I only say that as I have been around long enough to know we get one about every12 to 15 years starting for me in 1947 then a good one around 1963

We got air conditioning installed a couple of years ago just in the bedrooms. My OH was very dubious because we had it done in about February when you can get really good deals but she was unconvinced at the time. thought it a waste of money

My god its been worth it Apart from the electricity meter wheel spinning round like a spitfire propeller

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

This is a new one on me , yes it is hot but down our way around the East coast but I would say nothing out of the ordinary.

Will these extreme weather warnings issued every time now it get in the high twenties. ? 

That’s because the warning isn’t for the east 

ECE60E67-AFA8-4635-AB75-B1C7BAE886C1.png

Edited by Old farrier

Well I am finding it too warm. But it’s helping the water training with the spaniel. Though as an after thought I should have warned Mrs Agriv8 that pip may  launch into the canal after the ducks ! Which she did while still on the lead Mrs Agriv8 nearly ended up in the canal as well !

oops !

We sure have lots of ways of making our country a laughing stock. My advice to the met office is get your forecasting better and forget about weather warnings as no one changes any of their plans because of them.

30 degrees is simply a warm day in three quarters of the world and anything under 38-40 is perfectly normal.

Anyone been to Australia and enjoyed a BBQ at midnight in 37 degrees?

11 minutes ago, Westward said:

We sure have lots of ways of making our country a laughing stock. My advice to the met office is get your forecasting better and forget about weather warnings as no one changes any of their plans because of them.

Those folk in Germany where the floods were would probably have appreciated some warning. I expect that has some influence on it.

I have been to Australia and have been in 45+ temps but no I have never really enjoyed anything at 37C (other than a pasty at that temperature)

Just now, 39TDS said:

Those folk in Germany where the floods were would probably have appreciated some warning. I expect that has some influence on it.

The German government received ample flood warnings from weather scientists, in some cases as much as 5 days prior, including exactly which rivers were most at risk and exactly which towns. No one knows why they didn't act on the information. All of which is a bit different from blathering on with yellow warnings etc which everyone over the age of 5 ignores on the grounds that they've seen rain or wind or frost or whatever before.

35 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Well I am finding it too warm. But it’s helping the water training with the spaniel. Though as an after thought I should have warned Mrs Agriv8 that pip may  launch into the canal after the ducks ! Which she did while still on the lead Mrs Agriv8 nearly ended up in the canal as well !

oops !

Don't let your dog in the canal if you can avoid it. There are some really toxic bugs in the water because the "new generation" boat owners are dumping sewage to avoid having to pay to pump out thier toilets at sanitary stations

Used to run my dinghy up and down the canal testing outboards. Won't go there now

Edited by Vince Green

well the weather here in cantley has been very pleasant.......a tad humid during the day sometimes...but at night it cools down very quickly...........i should have put my electric blanket on low at 8......cause now it is quite cold and i have a cold bed to get in............BBbbrrrrrrrrrrr:santa:

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Yes O F I knew that when I heard the weather earlier tonight , we have had hot weather in this region in the past when it hit the low 30s and nobody mentioned extreme weather , although tonight they did say this was the first time they have brought this new warning into play . 

I love this weather and they can call it what they like , as long as they don't say the over 70s have got to self isolate and stay indoors until it cool down .:drinks:

Warning ⚠️ British summer time may contain fleeting spells of hot weather. Expect sweaty balls, chubby pasty girls in ever so slightly too revealing shorts and bald men with sunburnt heads. Keep drinking lots of fluids and make the most of it. Don't panic normal miserable weather will be resumed shortly. 

Having worked outside my whole life and this winter worked in snow, rain and frost from October until May I personally am enjoying a but of lovely warm weather! We could do with removing a few of the Warning labels and letting nature take its course. Darwin awards winners will strive for excellence regardless!

9 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Warning ⚠️ British summer time may contain fleeting spells of hot weather. Expect sweaty balls, chubby pasty girls in ever so slightly too revealing shorts and bald men with sunburnt heads. Keep drinking lots of fluids and make the most of it. Don't panic normal miserable weather will be resumed shortly. 

Having worked outside my whole life and this winter worked in snow, rain and frost from October until May I personally am enjoying a but of lovely warm weather! We could do with removing a few of the Warning labels and letting nature take its course. Darwin awards winners will strive for excellence regardless!

Bald head and sweaty balls it is then, on the mix all day self.leveling a floor off beers in the fridge ready for the finish line

9 hours ago, Westward said:

The German government received ample flood warnings from weather scientists, in some cases as much as 5 days prior, including exactly which rivers were most at risk and exactly which towns. No one knows why they didn't act on the information. All of which is a bit different from blathering on with yellow warnings etc which everyone over the age of 5 ignores on the grounds that they've seen rain or wind or frost or whatever before.

Hello, same as the Cameroon government, I believe we had a 2 week window from what the forecasters had told them, enough to bring in the Army and try to get flood defences up, nothing done and severe flooding , even places along the Thames that usually escape previous flooding were caught out, governments do not care !!!

11 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Old Farrier , Just so we don't feel left out of the weather warnings , would you believe on the box this morning the weather girl said the Met Office have issued a Yellow Weather Warning in East Anglia for heavy isolated thunder storms later on today , so for the folk who live in the isolated areas , be warned. 😉

I don't have the figures to prove it, but here (which is nicely inside the Amber Warning area), it is hot, but not exceptionally so.  It is fairly humid, and not a breath of wind which doesn't help.  Certainly not seeming as hot as various previous occasions I can remember.

7 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Old Farrier , Just so we don't feel left out of the weather warnings , would you believe on the box this morning the weather girl said the Met Office have issued a Yellow Weather Warning in East Anglia for heavy isolated thunder storms later on today , so for the folk who live in the isolated areas , be warned. 😉

Weather forecaster 

only job you can consistently get wrong and still keep your job🤔🤭

that should flatten some corn for the pigeon in isolated area’s 😂