Skoda Yeti 4x4

Scully

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bought a 4x4 Elegance Offroad 140  DSG mid summer and have done 10k in it up to now.Find it an excellent car for the countryside ,very capable both on and off road .Good economy overall (43 mpg ish) ,can do much better if you can drive at 50mph on a run ! Done everything that I hoped it would tbh .

Hth

• 3 weeks later...

I had a 170BHP DSG Elegance for 3 years and it was a great car on and off road and a consistent 39mpg.  Very well built and relable.  I only sold it when I retired due to short journeys and Diesels not mixing.  Replaced it with a petrol Forester which I like very much but it's thirsty and even more so with E10 fuel.  I used to get 30mpg on short journeys but since E10 I get 25mpg.  Mine is the 150bhp petrol not the XT.

Edited by Weihrauch17

On 20/07/2021 at 08:58, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the shape puts me off and second hand prices 🤔, am still looking for a Dacia Duster, 2015/2016 low mileage , a nice one came up in Basingstoke , £7,750, I offered £7,000 in cash, still looking 🤔

There was one up for sale a month or so ago literally 300m from me 🙈

Had ours around 3 years now. Went from a D3 to this 4x4 TDi 140 Elegance.

Tow a bailey 534 with it, copes really well and costs a fraction of the price to run the D3 did. In every respect.

Had new brakes, tyres and general servicing. Only problems were a broken rear spring, (which happened before we were towing), about £65 replaced as I recall and a sensor failure, which was £35. Everything on/in it has an Audi/Vw stamp on it, quality of everything is very, very good.

Love the shape of it myself, doesn't look like all the other generic, bland boxes on the road.

You can't go too far wrong with a Yeti imho.

I too have  a yeti, but it's a commercial. No seats in the back,they are rare enough, 2017 so one of last manufactured. 150 Bhp and 4×4. I bought it 2nd hand  nearly 2 years ago. It's a top class shooting vehicle, strong, tough, and plenty of power. I have good, grippy all season tyrese on it. Gets me most places I need with 4x4. And economical for power that's available. I've had 3 bigger jeeps over years,  but for me this is the best vehicle I've owned. Only thing is makes sure haldex oil AND filter is serviced.  After that usual service and a yeti as far as I can see are as good as they get.

1 hour ago, Krico woodcock said:

I too have  a yeti, but it's a commercial. No seats in the back,they are rare enough, 2017 so one of last manufactured. 150 Bhp and 4×4. I bought it 2nd hand  nearly 2 years ago. It's a top class shooting vehicle, strong, tough, and plenty of power. I have good, grippy all season tyrese on it. Gets me most places I need with 4x4. And economical for power that's available. I've had 3 bigger jeeps over years,  but for me this is the best vehicle I've owned. Only thing is makes sure haldex oil AND filter is serviced.  After that usual service and a yeti as far as I can see are as good as they get.

I think Yeti was one of Clarkson’s better recommendations.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I think Yeti was one of Clarkson’s better recommendations.

He wasn't far wrong.  A friend of mine  works with  fiber glass, he is top notch. He made a fiberglass tray that slide in and out of the back, although its stays there most of the time,  and my fibreglass dog box which he made over 10 years slides in on it, with plenty of room left in back. Good bit of room in them on commercial vehicles. Mine has fully tinted black out windows on back doors and boot door.  Smart robust looking vehicle.. when I sold my last jeep, and done my homework on what I'd buy next ,4×4 commercial yeti ticked all the boxes. But I had to hold out a while till I found one. When I got it, it got alot of interest from fellow shooting men.

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Never seen a Commecial Yeti, didn't know they were a thing.

Yep, they are technically called a yeti "sherpa"..  not sure if they were available in UK. But can be got here in Ireland. And as they are commercial vehicle huge savings can be made because  of vat reduction. Other wise they would be a expensive vehicle.