Rich men’s toys

Harnser

I see Richard Branson flying off into space. Perhaps he should be spending some money on training his staff all about customer service .a tele  comunication company that you carnt get in touch with to speak to some body ,when you do finally get through you have to speak to somebody who dosent speak English very well. Carnt wait to get away from them . They just do not care 

harnser

Can you think of a UK Company that isn't the same? Sometimes I wish I could get my hands on some of the people who must sit at home listening to the phone ringing with no intention of answering it, the DHSS are just as bad, 3 hours in total to get through, Llyods Bank - 2.5 hours and told had been put through to the wrong department, asked for and was given a direct dial number to ring 48 hours later, it took me through to another Bank not even connected with Lloyds.

Edited by bruno22rf

11 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i nominate the Halifax bank...........what a load of useless %$*^*)()*^*^%&%$&*^&(&^)_+)+_((*&(&%^$%&$*^%(&*)(_(*_)(*&%&£%$...........total failure as a bank

I’m with you on that. I want to close a joint account from about 10 years ago. When I rang the other day the estimated hold time was 2 hours.

27 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

I’m with you on that. I want to close a joint account from about 10 years ago. When I rang the other day the estimated hold time was 2 hours.

ooooh arnt you lucky............took me 3 days  witout any luck......then i ended up going to the Halifax bank ....only to be told i have to make an appointment...told them i need to put a £500 cheque in ...............they couldnt get me in quick enough....i was virtually mugged............and they still wouldnt talk to me about my other enquiry........

1 hour ago, JTaylor91 said:

I don’t think he has anything to do with Virgin media as a company, they’re owned by Liberty Global and Telefónica. I believe most “virgin” companies just license the brand so they can use the name.

This. 

My dad has been very ill in hospital. Every day I phoned his ward for a progress report. 9 times out of 10 I spoke to someone with a very limited English. I kept having to ask to speak to someone else. When he had passed away they phoned me at 2.20am and I couldn't understand a word, she didn't even understand when I asked to speak to someone else. I had to call back later. Upsetting and frustrating 😤

I spent three days trying to get an appointment with my GP.

When I finally got through about 3.45pm on the Wednesday I was asked to ring back tomorrow!

Most of the time the phone call did not go into the stacking system just came up as busy.

Oh and the whole place shuts down at 10.30am for half an hour or more for a Coronavirus briefing

My local hospital sends doctors letters via India

We should now be called run by other nationalities as English is not allowed and my Grand father died for this and may thousands of others also gave there lives and still do. 

Only to be left  living on our streets and we welcome the boat squads on Kent coast every day.

Now we give fifty million to France when they encourage these boat parties.

Edited by bottletopbill

10 hours ago, Aled said:

Sometimes being a Welsh speaker has its advantages. Seriously the Welsh language phone lines get answered a lot quicker, and i can always understand them! 

Cheers

Aled

Its because the English lines are being used by 85% of the population of Wales 😂

11 hours ago, Aled said:

LOL 😅...but i think you'll find its 81%.......Ifor ap Glyn On Speaking Welsh |The Welsh Language | Wales.com😉

The Welsh Government recently announced its plans to ensure that the language has a million speakers once again by 2050. Every child in Wales now has the opportunity to learn Welsh, and the demand for Welsh-medium education has grown consistently, particularly in Cardiff and the South East.

My kids didn't have a choice, rather loosing out on another subject when it came time for GCSE's. I have one who won an Eisteddfod award for a Poem in Welsh that he performed, the other couldn't give jack for the language!! Don't get me wrong - I have no issue with Welsh having lived there for 17years, just an issue with it being mandatory for GCSE. Here is one from my side https://www.tes.com/news/love-welsh-hate-compulsory-gcse - oh - and also becoming quasi mandatory for public office jobs where they offer applicants the chance to learn Welsh - but we all know they will take on those who have good spoken Welsh over a basic pass in Welsh (or fail if you look at the link I posted)

Apart from that I like the slant he has in the rest of the article..

Can anyone name a company/business with good customer service?

Lately I've had issues with Lloyds bank, Amazon, eBay, GP (this one was laughable, book an appointment and someone will call you back in 7 days to discuss!), various couriers who claim to have delivered but haven't (if you eventually manage to speak to anyone the answer is "these things happen sometimes") carphone warehouse ......the list goes on.

Oh and solicitors. I get an email every few days saying "I have had an email from the sellers solicitor but am yet to review it". Read the bloody email instead of wasting time telling me you've not bloody read it! 

Don't think I've dealt with anyone in a long time that I would praise.

Edd

Well my comments were meant to bring a bit of lightness to this subject, seriously the Welsh language lines at Banks, Public Offices, and NHS etc do get answered far more quickly than the English language lines. No idea why! 

Aled

1 hour ago, Aled said:

Well my comments were meant to bring a bit of lightness to this subject, seriously the Welsh language lines at Banks, Public Offices, and NHS etc do get answered far more quickly than the English language lines. No idea why! 

Aled

sorry I responded like that buddy - however I found "opportunity" in the article to be very misleading.

Now if only you could get rid of the Assembly - I refuse to use the 'S' word 😂

13 minutes ago, discobob said:

sorry I responded like that buddy - however I found "opportunity" in the article to be very misleading.

Now if only you could get rid of the Assembly - I refuse to use the 'S' word 😂

No probs, but Lets agree to disagree on that one and leave it there hey😃

Edited by Aled

I had the experience of this on one major occasion when working on the oil  pumping plant near Amlwch in the 80s.

I was supporting my Manager (Swedish)  as I often did then and he had taught me some swedish phrases to use for some things to use when he did not what the builders to understand if we had a problem or they were being awkward on purpose.  We went into town to buy some food at lunchtime and check out a place for the team to stay.  As we walked into the pub all conversation instantly switched from English to Welsh.  Thorsten, who had encountered this before said in Swedish (I paraphrase) "these nice people are being less than polite and helpful", a statement he often made about builders, and I responded as I should and added shall we leave. As we turned to go everything switched back to English and the Landlord asked, in English, if he could help.  Thorsten replied in his almost accentless English " No thanks, we know we are not welcome" as we left.   It cost the landlord a good bit as he lost any chance of providing accommodation for our team 10 for 2 weeks whilst we commissioned parts of the Installation.

My M-I-L is Welsh but has lived her adult life in England. She was forced by her parents/grand parents to only use Welsh at home. We have actually been with her when she has torn a peg or two off people being insulting in Welsh thinking that they will get off scot free. I have shot with people who have been speaking Welsh around me, I have just turned round and said something like 'Don't be embarrassed to say how fantastic how I am shooting in English' - tongue in cheek and laughing