Dominic Cummings Interview.

oowee

40 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Boris if true he should be outed 

I'm pretty sure that Boris isn't gay 😂

We had a very similar thread awhile back when that odious little pain in the '***** Cummings was appearing before a select committee.

He can give all the interviews he likes, show all the screenshots he wants, but he really should keep his powder dry and give this evidence to the judge-led inquiry.  That is the proper forum, not Laura Kuensburg trying to land a Bashirian scoop.

Incidentally, anyone who thinks the current government are proper conservatives either has a very strange definition of it or hasn't looked very far back.  They are the most illiberal, nannying, civil-liberties curtailing bunch I've ever had the displeasure to be governed by. 

It is no comfort  that Corbyn and his ilk (or Starmer +Posse) are an even worse choice.

Just now, London Best said:

No shooting man should support a party which is against their entire way of life.

As for a 'shooting man' voting Tory, remind me who banned semi autos and started the process of banning handguns?

By 'against their entire way of life' I assume you mean the Greens?  Labour seemingly have zero grasp of countryside issues beyond 'muuuh red meat bad'

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By ‘shooting man’ I mean someone involved in field sports.

Semi autos are not banned in shotguns or even in .22 rimfire. semi auto centre fire rifles had zero use in the country sports carried out in this country.
Have you forgotten about Tony B. Liar and the hunting ban?

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

How did they "allow" patients to be sent anywhere?

Those decisions were made by doctors not politicians. Its the doctors that signed the discharge papers to send covid patients back to care homes. I can't believe for one minute that they didn't fully understand the implications of what they were doing.

Care homes are not isolation hospitals, they have no facilities for dealing with what was thrust upon them by the NHS 

I rather feel this is close to the truth of the matter - given the early understanding at the time was that the elderly with health issues were very likely to be the biggest death toll so keep them out of hospital to make space for those more likely to survive. Doctors have/had to prioritise who its most beneficial to save and who to let go just like in a war time field hospital.

And all elected governments have scrimped with NHS funding because its a bottomless pit.

6 hours ago, toxo said:

Is there a word for someone who just has to have the last word no matter how lame? Troll just doesn't seem to cover it. Maybe the few brain cells in such a persons brain were abused when they were young.

I think the word youre looking for is toxo.
Short for toxoplasmosis...

Toxoplasmosis

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Toxoplasmosis
Toxoplasma gondii tachy.jpg
T. gondii tachyzoites
Specialty Infectious disease
Symptoms Often none, during pregnancy (birth defects)[1][2]
Causes Toxoplasma gondii[3]
Risk factors Eating poorly cooked food, exposure to infected cat feces[3]
Diagnostic method Blood test, amniotic fluid test[4]
Treatment During pregnancy spiramycin or pyrimethamine/sulfadiazine and folinic acid[5]
Frequency Up to 50% of people, 200,000 cases of congenital toxoplasmosis a year[6][7]

Toxoplasmosis is a parasitic disease caused by Toxoplasma gondii, an apicomplexan.[3] Infections with toxoplasmosis usually cause no obvious symptoms in adults.[2] Occasionally, people may have a few weeks or months of mild, flu-like illness such as muscle aches and tender lymph nodes.[1] In a small number of people, eye problems may develop.[1] In those with a weak immune system, severe symptoms such as seizures and poor coordination may occur.[1] If a woman becomes infected during pregnancy, a condition known as congenital toxoplasmosis may affect the child.[1]

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I rather feel this is close to the truth of the matter

And I'm inclined to agree as well.

Politicians set top level policy; the Health Service is 'run' by managers as a business with medical staff advising, calling priorities etc on medical matters.  There are some lovely dedicated people in there ....... but it is almost unbelievably slow, labour intensive and inefficient based on a short stay in hospital in the last year.  As you say - more money is not the answer - it is a bottomless pit for money.  Spending the money it has more efficiently is what is needed.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I think the word youre looking for is toxo.
Short for toxoplasmosis...

Ha Ha! I can see you now, banging away at those little keys, desperately looking for the last word.

Don't bother answering the key points in this debate eh! Pathetic.

9 minutes ago, toxo said:

Don't bother answering the key points in this debate eh! Pathetic.

Ill ignore the obvious question of when a debate turns into a personal slanging match....

OK , what are the 'key points' ?

Obviously disgruntled ex employee, starts slinging mud at ex employer, completely unsubstantiated claims , with no real proof of their veracity.
Ex employee has nothing to lose , his reputation, what it was , is now tarnished beyond redemption, his former enemies in the media now covet their new found  source of dirt, until he has served his purpose, he will then spend the rest of his useful life in the wilderness of ill repute.
Ex employer BJ , has weathered far worse storms, has massive support from Parliament, right media and the upper echelons of society, who could win such a contest ???

Cummings rantings are the last stand for his career and reputation, and like general Custer, doomed to failure.
He is trying to cause as much damage as possible before he exits for a new life of nothing big , hes an egotistical , unemployable nightmare, his uses and trustability ...spent.

As much as the enemies of toryism laud this Joan of Arc character , who is going to bring down the government , and usher in a new labour dream team, he is destined to be burned at the stake by his new found allies, once they realise the mud hes slinging ...
A. Has no substance.
B. Will not stick anyways.
And C . Hes a pretty odious creature at heart, whilst clever, cannot revive the fortunes of the walking dead of the labourites.

Did I miss anything ?

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Ill ignore the obvious question of when a debate turns into a personal slanging match....

OK , what are the 'key points' ?

Obviously disgruntled ex employee, starts slinging mud at ex employer, completely unsubstantiated claims , with no real proof of their veracity.
Ex employee has nothing to lose , his reputation, what it was , is now tarnished beyond redemption, his former enemies in the media now covet their new found  source of dirt, until he has served his purpose, he will then spend the rest of his useful life in the wilderness of ill repute.
Ex employer BJ , has weathered far worse storms, has massive support from Parliament, right media and the upper echelons of society, who could win such a contest ???

Cummings rantings are the last stand for his career and reputation, and like general Custer, doomed to failure.
He is trying to cause as much damage as possible before he exits for a new life of nothing big , hes an egotistical , unemployable nightmare, his uses and trustability ...spent.

As much as the enemies of toryism laud this Joan of Arc character , who is going to bring down the government , and usher in a new labour dream team, he is destined to be burned at the stake by his new found allies, once they realise the mud hes slinging ...
A. Has no substance.
B. Will not stick anyways.
And C . Hes a pretty odious creature at heart, whilst clever, cannot revive the fortunes of the walking dead of the labourites.

Did I miss anything ?

You're gonna look super silly come the reckoning. And I hope the requisite amount of humble pie will be eaten and be SEEN to be eaten. 

11 hours ago, toxo said:

Not on my account Dave. I've said all I need to say. I'm not into shoving my opinions down people's throats regardless of the facts.

In fairness, I think most had just ignored you.

The way the left now seek to embrace DC as some now credible truth-telling whistleblower who needs to be listened to is just nauseating. 

Ever seen a warring couple divorce? Ever then unequivocally accept what one says about the other as absolutely true and that the information was delivered with absolute accuracy and without malice, slant or spin?

Edited by Mungler

What this all points to is the shambolic way the whole affair was handled. How the Tory sycophants are unable to see beyond the blue rinsed horizon.

It does not matter a jot if anyone else could have done better as we will never know. What matters is we get a propper enquiry, ASAP and look at this stuff objectively. 

Unfortunately as fast as we clear out one lot of inept fantasist's we will vote in another. We deserve more, should expect more and call out the poor performance and moral corruption for what it is. Accept it and be rewarded with more of the same. 

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

The way the left now seek to embrace DC as some now credible truth-telling whistleblower who needs to be listened to is just nauseating. 

Ever seen a warring couple divorce? Ever then unequivocally accept what one says about the other as absolutely true and that the information was delivered with absolute accuracy and without malice, slant or spin?

Belay that last Dave, popcorn might be in order because another egocentric wants to shove his opinion down my throat.

Your all seeing eye told you that did it?

When people cloud their lack of knowledge by misusing the words "left/right/center" is what's nauseating. Obviously one persons idea of what's left or right in political terms can be vastly different from another.

What's this **** about divorcing couples??? When will you people learn to take personalities away from fact. Your Failure to acknowledge the massive failures of this government during this pandemic is akin to those who deny the holocaust even happened.

4 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

I dont get it where people are saying no body will imploy him the only people that wont imploy him are the ones that got got something to hide if you run a straight ship he will be an asset 

Shirley you can't be serious?

The concept of "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" is such a massive fallacy, I can't believe anyone still unironically invokes it.

If you're talking about a business, or even a government department, commercial confidentiality necessitates discretion.  For this reason alone, no real employer will touch him with a barge-pole.

Further, as we're talking about the DC, the last part of your statement should read "If you run a ship exactly according to how DC likes it, then he won't betray your confidentiality to the media"

He'll probably do ok.  Some lucrative after-dinner speaking gigs and a tell-all book deal should probably net him a few million, enough to become a full time investor/property developer or some such.

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

What this all points to is the shambolic way the whole affair was handled. How the Tory sycophants are unable to see beyond the blue rinsed horizon.

Bit of a circular argument though:  Your point is, we can and should expect better, yet those defending what happened in no 10 can still justifiably state that it would have been an even worse dumpster fire under Corbyn or Starmer.  Yes, but we should expect better, says @oowee.

Not sure how you want to call out 'moral corruption'; if you mean senior ministers' private lives, I care not a fig.  The point about Hancock's clinch was that he was quite content to deny the rest of us the same, uh, pleasures.

Where we should start, in my opinion, is MPs exempting themselves from wearing a mask when HoC staff must continue to do so, and seemingly the same will be the case for vaccine passports.  Does the "All animals are created equal" argument constitute moral corruption?

28 minutes ago, oowee said:

It does not matter a jot if anyone else could have done better as we will never know. What matters is we get a propper enquiry, ASAP and look at this stuff objectively. 

Unfortunately as fast as we clear out one lot of inept fantasist's we will vote in another. We deserve more, should expect more and call out the poor performance and moral corruption for what it is. Accept it and be rewarded with more of the same. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

What boils me is the lying and manouvering to try to mitigete what's been done.

The enquiry is being posponed until the spring "Because it wouldn't be fair to ask people to concentrate on an enquiry in the middle of a pandemic." What tosh.

And I suppose it was just fortuitous for the PM that the evening news release regarding the absolutely disgusting amount of deaths in care homes was AFTER the last Prime Ministers Question time in the Commons

38 minutes ago, oowee said:

It does not matter a jot if anyone else could have done better as we will never know

Really? 

3 minutes ago, toxo said:

Couldn't have said it better myself

🤣

3 minutes ago, toxo said:

And I suppose it was just fortuitous for the PM that the evening news release regarding the absolutely disgusting amount of deaths in care homes was AFTER the last Prime Ministers Question time in the Commons

Toxo, I hate to break this to you, but people die in care homes quite a bit, well lots actually, all the time.. As in, they go in, and they never come out. 

Love your Cummings/holocaust denial analogy BTW, straight from the Dianne Abbott book of intellectual thinking? 

1 hour ago, toxo said:

I still don't understand how you try to link deaths in care homes to Boris?

Just now, udderlyoffroad said:

Shirley you can't be serious?

The concept of "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" is such a massive fallacy, I can't believe anyone still unironically invokes it.

If you're talking about a business, or even a government department, commercial confidentiality necessitates discretion.  For this reason alone, no real employer will touch him with a barge-pole.

Further, as we're talking about the DC, the last part of your statement should read "If you run a ship exactly according to how DC likes it, then he won't betray your confidentiality to the media"

He'll probably do ok.  Some lucrative after-dinner speaking gigs and a tell-all book deal should probably net him a few million, enough to become a full time investor/property developer or some such.

Bit of a circular argument though:  Your point is, we can and should expect better, yet those defending what happened in no 10 can still justifiably state that it would have been an even worse dumpster fire under Corbyn or Starmer.  Yes, but we should expect better, says @oowee.

Not sure how you want to call out 'moral corruption'; if you mean senior ministers' private lives, I care not a fig.  The point about Hancock's clinch was that he was quite content to deny the rest of us the same, uh, pleasures.

Where we should start, in my opinion, is MPs exempting themselves from wearing a mask when HoC staff must continue to do so, and seemingly the same will be the case for vaccine passports.  Does the "All animals are created equal" argument constitute moral corruption?

For this reason alone, no real employer will touch him with a barge-pole     Only time will tell 

31 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I still don't understand how you try to link deaths in care homes to Boris?

Didnt you know Boris personally manages every nursing home in the UK ?
Procurement of PPE is his sole responsibility , no matter who owns them.

Lets be brutally honest here, a 'pandemic' that the elderly are particularly vulnerable to, was never going to be a good prospect for care homes.
At the first prospect of the impact of the disease, the MANAGEMENT of these homes should have locked them down, gone into a high state of alert regarding PPE and quarantine to mitigate the risks.
When they didnt , and ended up with covid running rampant and no PPE left, these PRIVATE nursing homes that are happy to charge the government thousands of pounds per week for each resident, turned round and blamed the government for their own lack of foresight and proper management ?

There are people on this thread who (still) think the government is entirely responsible for every covid death, its a bonkers fallacy !
Whilst theyve made mistakes, so has every other government worldwide, but they cannot get past the axe they have to grind with the tories ?
Then to insinuate a different team (labour) would have done better ?

Speechless.