Dominic Cummings Interview.

oowee

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Belay that last Dave, popcorn might be in order because another egocentric wants to shove his opinion down my throat.

In fairness, I think most had just ignored you.

Your all seeing eye told you that did it?

The way the left now seek to embrace DC as some now credible truth-telling whistleblower who needs to be listened to is just nauseating. 

When people cloud their lack of knowledge by misusing the words "left/right/center" is what's nauseating. Obviously one persons idea of what's left or right in political terms can be vastly different from another.

What's this **** about divorcing couples??? When will you people learn to take personalities away from fact. Your Failure to acknowledge the massive failures of this government during this pandemic is akin to those who deny the holocaust even happened.

"Belay that last Dave, popcorn might be in order because another egocentric wants to shove his opinion down my throat."

Oh the irony.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is dressed up aa a morality issue to my mind. I know I'm somewhere within the autistic spectrum so my thoughts might be narrower than some others and have slightly less empathy for other peoples issues but on the other hand I tend to see stark reality more than some more prone to wetting themselves about grim reality.

Most people in care homes have been put somewhere out of the way to see out their days whilst receiving more care than family might be able to manage. I imagine there's many a person over 75/80 fully aware that the years pass quicker and their time cometh, and most won't be feeling sorry for themselves because they are mature enough to accept the inevitable.

Doctors probably see that more than most and even get asked to DNR if life is going to go downhill after procedures from those poor souls. Doctors simply had to make choices that are hard for younger people to accept. I think letting the old die off to make health care more available to younger fitter covid victims who were much more likely to survive the merciless death toll we saw in the early ill prepared for days of the pandemic was a hard but necessary reality.

Its not a Tory nor Labour nor any other party leaders fault. The tax paying voters who fund the country rather than those draining it would vote out any political party that raised taxes to do it "better" or "luvvier"

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Doctors probably see that more than most and even get asked to DNR if life is going to go downhill after procedures from those poor souls. Doctors simply had to make choices that are hard for younger people to accept. I think letting the old die off to make health care more available to younger fitter covid victims who were much more likely to survive the merciless death toll we saw in the early ill prepared for days of the pandemic was a hard but necessary reality.

Its not a Tory nor Labour nor any other party leaders fault. The tax paying voters who fund the country rather than those draining it would vote out any political party that raised taxes to do it "better" or "luvvier"

Thats very well put Dave.

Some people just cant get it round their heads , that every ill that befalls society in general, isnt necessarily the fault of their favourite bogeyman.
I neither expect , or want, the government to be involved in every aspect of my life, we dont live in a communist state, and most of us dont want to , the rest simply cant grasp what it entails...

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

I think letting the old die off to make health care more available to younger fitter covid victims who were much more likely to survive the merciless death toll we saw in the early ill prepared for days of the pandemic was a hard but necessary reality.

Strange! That's exactly what Boris said.

Thing is, most of the "olds" were not ready to be knocking on the door of the knackers yard just yet. We're not talking about hospices or end of life care homes here.

There's no denying that hard choices do sometimes have to be made but in this case those choices wouldn't have had to have been made were it not for the way this government handled the situation.

I wish I could be ***** to research this more thoroughly but I know enough so;

When I say BJ I mean the government.

BJ was caught out badly by the Covid virus. So badly in fact that he started to cook the books from the get go.

I've forgotten what it's called but every virus and disease has a category that requires a certain amount of equipment and infrastructure to be in place in order to be able to deal with it should it ever come along. This is written down for every BJ that's in power to adhere to. Each category is prioritised according to it's lethality as to the amount of equipment to be held.

BJ was so badly embarrassed by the lack of equipment held That he downgraded Covid 19 to a lower category that requires less equipment.

BJ was much too slow in realising the deadliness of the C19 and by the time he did realise it was too late and C19 was widespread already.

Even then he failed to lock down borders and airports, letting thousands of people with C10 come into this country from placecs that were riddled with the thing.

And as far as this debate goes, his unpreparedness lead to nowhere near enough hospital beds hence the need for some of those tough choices aforeto mentioned.

toxo - it is quite some time since I read so much garbage, but entertaining it is. You are indeed an almost worthy successor to Burnley Dave, but you have some way to go.

He is before your time, but long standing members will remember, with reverence, the way he slowly lost his grip on reality. Everyone, but Dave, could see the downward spiral of his posts as reasoning and "facts" went out of the window. 

He exhibited anger issues - sound familiar?

1 hour ago, toxo said:

Thing is, most of the "olds" were not ready to be knocking on the door of the knackers yard just yet. We're not talking about hospices or end of life care homes here.

There's no denying that hard choices do sometimes have to be made but in this case those choices wouldn't have had to have been made were it not for the way this government handled the situation.

BJ was caught out badly by the Covid virus. So badly in fact that he started to cook the books from the get go.

I've forgotten what it's called but every virus and disease has a category that requires a certain amount of equipment and infrastructure to be in place in order to be able to deal with it should it ever come along. This is written down for every BJ that's in power to adhere to. Each category is prioritised according to it's lethality as to the amount of equipment to be held.

BJ was so badly embarrassed by the lack of equipment held That he downgraded Covid 19 to a lower category that requires less equipment.

BJ was much too slow in realising the deadliness of the C19 and by the time he did realise it was too late and C19 was widespread already.

Even then he failed to lock down borders and airports, letting thousands of people with C10 come into this country from placecs that were riddled with the thing.

And as far as this debate goes, his unpreparedness lead to nowhere near enough hospital beds hence the need for some of those tough choices aforeto mentioned.

Its my understanding that every government in the world had'nt acquired sufficient PPI for an event that MIGHT occur. Then IT happened and every country had to scrape and scramble in a mad rush and pay vastly inflated prices to hopefully beat everyone else in the queue.

As for care home patients: while I was taxi driving I delivered medicines to care homes, going deeper into them to nursing stations than most visitors would get to. The stench in some was awful, the sights I saw with bedridden people hooked up to all sorts of pipes, wires and monitors was pitiful, comotose - waiting to die but kept alive because letting them go with dignity is not allowed or perceived acceptable.

Mostly middle aged staff having to bed bath and empty chamber pans was enough to make me want to avoid that if I have my marbles long enough to know I'd want out rather than some person spoon feeding and wiping my back end possibly in the same visit to my cell/room. 

Awful - just plain awful once you get past reception, dining and visiting rooms. that wasn't the case with most but enough to make me not want my 86 years old mother in one.

Edited by Dave-G

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

this is dressed up aa a morality issue to my mind. I know I'm somewhere within the autistic spectrum so my thoughts might be narrower than some others and have slightly less empathy for other peoples issues but on the other hand I tend to see stark reality more than some more prone to wetting themselves about grim reality.

Most people in care homes have been put somewhere out of the way to see out their days whilst receiving more care than family might be able to manage. I imagine there's many a person over 75/80 fully aware that the years pass quicker and their time cometh, and most won't be feeling sorry for themselves because they are mature enough to accept the inevitable.

Spot on Dave.

That’s battlefield triage right there.

It remains worthy of mention that the average Covid age of death still remains higher that the usual average age of death in the UK, thus this disease is primarily a concern of the very old and those who are of an age where every day is a gift. 

You have a 90+ year old with Covid bed blocking a short supply HDU bed and you have a 50 something year old in need of a bed. The 50 something year old will have a job, a mortgage, dependants and so on. 

Do you apply battlefield triage and save  the overworked and run down 57 year old prime minister or do you put your Woolfy Smith beret on and just start moaning about a lack of staff on the NHS notwithstanding that the NHS already employs more people than the Chinese, Indian or North Korean Armies (@ 1.5 million people).

Edited by Mungler

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Excellent post. 

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Its my understanding that every government in the world had'nt acquired sufficient PPI for an event that MIGHT occur. Then IT happened and every country had to scrape and scramble in a mad rush and pay vastly inflated prices to hopefully beat everyone else in the queue.

As for care home patients: while I was taxi driving I delivered medicines to care homes, going deeper into them to nursing stations than most visitors would get to. The stench in some was awful, the sights I saw with bedridden people hooked up to all sorts of pipes, wires and monitors was pitiful, comotose - waiting to die but kept alive because letting them go with dignity is not allowed or perceived acceptable.

Mostly middle aged staff having to bed bath and empty chamber pans was enough to make me want to avoid that if I have my marbles long enough to know I'd want out rather than some person spoon feeding and wiping my back end possibly in the same visit to my cell/room. 

Awful - just plain awful once you get past reception, dining and visiting rooms. that wasn't the case with most but enough to make me not want my 86 years old mother in one.

As is this one. 

13 hours ago, toxo said:

Up until now I've ignored your posts on this thread but if you were honest you'd accept the entire world was caught out by the corona virus and its hardly surprising. Its a new disease that is highly contagious and has many A symptomatic spreaders, any party of any colour was always going to be on the back foot under those conditions. I really don't see the point your trying to make?

On 23/07/2021 at 17:30, toxo said:

I think you would blame Boris if your horse lost in the 2.30 at Sandown Park

On 28/07/2021 at 13:16, Vince Green said:

I think you would blame Boris if your horse lost in the 2.30 at Sandown Park

Instead of just knocking me for the sake of it, why don't you enlighten us as to who is responsible!

That'll keep you quiet for a while.

26 minutes ago, toxo said:

Instead of just knocking me for the sake of it, why don't you enlighten us as to who is responsible!

That'll keep you quiet for a while.

The Chinese, it was made in a lab. The end.

And the government’s response has been a pretty good stab in response. Indeed even with hindsight, apart from some nibbling round the edges it’s all broadly gone as well as anyone could hope. Look around the world and show me better.

Please also clarify ‘responsible’ - responsible for what? Not walking on water, not feeding the 5000 or what other hindsight induced miracle?

Not a government on the planet got it 100% perfect and the once much lauded N Zealand / Australian approach of isolation is unravelling and or will bankrupt them as island nations.

And you’re wrong again, because that didn’t take long at all.