Jump to content

Dominic Cummings Interview.


oowee
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, amateur said:

Private schools have always been the refuge of rich buffoons, and then they are shielded from the reality of earning a proper living by the trust fund and their school chums.

Only true in a relatively few cases. 

Most private schools have pupils with parents of 'professional' backgrounds (i.e. doctors, lawyers, accountants, businessmen/women and some armed services) who choose to spend their salaries on the education of their kids.  Most kids there are 'from well to do' families but only very few are from the (very few) seriously rich with trust funds, family estates etc.  Parents often work hard and spend much of their disposable income because they believe the teaching will be better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three of my grandchildren had an expensive private education. The youngest still attends. Her educational performance is fairly average, but she can play saxophone and clarinet to a high level and swims at County level. The merits of paying a small fortune for this are beyond me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Three of my grandchildren had an expensive private education. The youngest still attends. Her educational performance is fairly average, but she can play saxophone and clarinet to a high level and swims at County level. The merits of paying a small fortune for this are beyond me.

You may understand if she becomes an internationally successful musician.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I thought about starting a thread on this topic (Cummings) .. but decided against it as he's irrelevant.

 

Good point,

But I go a bit further in my viewing habits. Anything which is even slightly political in content and which the BBC broadcast is irrelevant. I stopped watching the garbage they pump out years ago. In fact , my biggest gripe with this government and all its faults is that it has failed abolish the licence fee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

he's irrelevant.

He didn't get his own way - so has decided to seek revenge and try and bring Johnson down.  Whatever your views on Johnson (or Cummings) it is not right that a current or former civil servant/public employee should be able to;

  • Bring down an elected person for personal revenge without proper process (i.e. if he has a complaint such as unfair dismissal - make it in the right way)
  • Publish his (Government) employers (almost certainly officially classified, but certainly confidential to his employer) information, internal communications and discussions
  • Use his (former) position to be a platform from which to attack others and former colleagues.

When you work in any organisation doing 'official' business - you accept both the Official Secrets Act (where it applies) - and your employers confidentiality agreement.  As someone else has pointed out - after seeing what he has done - no one will ever want to employ him again as you would be worried that he would be gathering information to be used against you when it suited him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm absolutely amazed! Firstly at just how tory this forum is, and secondly, just how vehemently they rush to the defence of their beloved leader. I happen to agree with a lot of DCs character assasination on here but I'm flabbergasted at how little attention is being paid to the content of the interview which, if half of it is proven to be true (and he says it can be proven) has had disasterous consequences and has cost many unnecessary lives and livelyhoods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Scully said:

He’s a scorned woman. He went along with everything….the claimed bodies piled in the streets, the acceptable deaths of the elderly, everything, while he was flavour of the month. If he truly had morals or an ethical code he would have blown the whistle while still in office. But he didn’t because he was in a very lucrative position. He’s not even a whistle blower. He has proved himself to be a deceitful lying untrustworthy hypocrite with his claims of testing his eyesight in Barnie! 😂😂 and now this. And now he’s no longer flavour of the month and kicked out he’s as spiteful as a spoiled child, and everyone is hanging on his every word as if it’s gospel! Why is anyone even listening to him? Because they have an agenda too, just like he does, that’s why. 
There's undoubtedly a book launch and tour pending too. 🙂

Absolutely right, James O'Brian on LBC (who never had a good word to say about Cummings previously) now thinks he's the new political Mesiah  and quotes him chapter and verse like he suddenly believes every last word is true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, toxo said:

I'm absolutely amazed! Firstly at just how tory this forum is

This is a shooting forum, lefties dont normally like shooting :lol:

 

9 minutes ago, toxo said:

I happen to agree with a lot of DCs character assasination on here

 

10 minutes ago, toxo said:

but I'm flabbergasted at how little attention is being paid to the content of the interview which, if half of it is proven to be true

Despite the obvious contradiction , if half of it isnt true, what is the other half ?
Lies , exaggeration ?

 

12 minutes ago, toxo said:

(and he says it can be proven)

So why doesnt he prove so ?
All he has is some private whatsapp messages hes screen grabbed, and hes only shown a few of those, is that good enough for 'proof'

The only thing he has produced is heresay.
And to proclaim he could topple a freshly land slided PM on his whim, is frankly , delusional.

Im sorry , I used to think he was OK , but hes shown himself to be a childsh, vindictive churl , who cannot see past the damage he is doing to his own reputation, family and future.
I hope he has a nest egg to fall back on, as he wont be getting gainful employment anywhere in this country soon....thats after the left wing media have rinsed any dirt out of their new found 'friend' 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I hope he has a nest egg sharp spike to fall back on, as he wont be getting gainful employment anywhere in this country soon....thats after the left wing media have rinsed any dirt out of their new found 'friend' and hung him out to dry

Corrected for you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, toxo said:

I'm absolutely amazed! Firstly at just how tory this forum is, and secondly, just how vehemently they rush to the defence of their beloved leader. I happen to agree with a lot of DCs character assasination on here but I'm flabbergasted at how little attention is being paid to the content of the interview which, if half of it is proven to be true (and he says it can be proven) has had disasterous consequences and has cost many unnecessary lives and livelyhoods.

I'm sure that if any of us were locked in nomber 10 day after day trying to wage war on a pandemic threatening to engulf the country we would all make some unsavoury comments and suggestions as ideas get kicked back and forward. That does not prove we ever meant them seriously

These comments, later taken completely out of context and quoted by Cummings in a self serving interview are meaningless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

He didn't get his own way - so has decided to seek revenge and try and bring Johnson down.  Whatever your views on Johnson (or Cummings) it is not right that a current or former civil servant/public employee should be able to;

  • Bring down an elected person for personal revenge without proper process (i.e. if he has a complaint such as unfair dismissal - make it in the right way)
  • Publish his (Government) employers (almost certainly officially classified, but certainly confidential to his employer) information, internal communications and discussions
  • Use his (former) position to be a platform from which to attack others and former colleagues.

When you work in any organisation doing 'official' business - you accept both the Official Secrets Act (where it applies) - and your employers confidentiality agreement.  As someone else has pointed out - after seeing what he has done - no one will ever want to employ him again as you would be worried that he would be gathering information to be used against you when it suited him.

This

1 hour ago, toxo said:

I'm absolutely amazed! Firstly at just how tory this forum is, and secondly, just how vehemently they rush to the defence of their beloved leader. I happen to agree with a lot of DCs character assasination on here but I'm flabbergasted at how little attention is being paid to the content of the interview which, if half of it is proven to be true (and he says it can be proven) has had disasterous consequences and has cost many unnecessary lives and livelyhoods.

I'm not tory in the slightest but believe Boris has done a fantastic job in some of the most difficult circumstances since WW2. The only other politicians I'd like to see in the top spot at present is probably Farage or Jacob Rees Mogg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

 

I'm not tory in the slightest but believe Boris has done a fantastic job in some of the most difficult circumstances since WW2. The only other politicians I'd like to see in the top spot at present is probably Farage or Jacob Rees Mogg

Well said, sir.

2 hours ago, toxo said:

I'm absolutely amazed at just how tory this forum is

Of course it’s Tory. 
No shooting man votes left!

(Dunno about target shooters?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

This is a shooting forum, lefties dont normally like shooting :lol:

 

 

Despite the obvious contradiction , if half of it isnt true, what is the other half ?
Lies , exaggeration ?

 

So why doesnt he prove so ?
All he has is some private whatsapp messages hes screen grabbed, and hes only shown a few of those, is that good enough for 'proof'

The only thing he has produced is heresay.

Being tory doesn't exempt you from acknowledging what's right and wrong. All this personal stuff is just bull****. DC himself said he doesn't care about what's leveled at him personally and neither should anyone else. It's the facts and the truth that should matter.

As far as proof goes, he said multiple times that there were others in the room and all that he said would be verified at the public enquiry which BJ is trying to stall for as long as possible.

Did anyone see the news tonight? I suppose the disgraceful number of needless deaths in the care homes is just something the media made up right!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Being tory doesn't exempt you from acknowledging what's right and wrong.

No it doesn't, you need to be a leftie for that skill set 🤣

 

2 hours ago, toxo said:

As far as proof goes, he said multiple times that there were others in the room and all that he said would be verified at the public enquiry which BJ is trying to stall for as long as possible

Err, again that's not proof, that's heresay, from a man who all you lefties said was a compulsive liar not so long ago? 

 

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Did anyone see the news tonight? I suppose the disgraceful number of needless deaths in the care homes is just something the media made up right

It might surprise you to know that the government doesn't run PRIVATE nursing homes, and if the PRIVATE individuals and management have had excess deaths due to Covid, or any other reason for that matter... Then you can't really lay the blame at Boris's door. 

It also might surprise you, that certain sections of the media, most likely the type of which you read, will blame the tory government for any ill which may befall the country and its populace. 

Myself, I blame Corbyn and the labourites, if only they had won the election, covid wouldnt have affected the UK, and no one would have died would they? 😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

No it doesn't, you need to be a leftie for that skill set 🤣

 

Err, again that's not proof, that's heresay, from a man who all you lefties said was a compulsive liar not so long ago? 

 

It might surprise you to know that the government doesn't run PRIVATE nursing homes, and if the PRIVATE individuals and management have had excess deaths due to Covid, or any other reason for that matter... Then you can't really lay the blame at Boris's door. 

It also might surprise you, that certain sections of the media, most likely the type of which you read, will blame the tory government for any ill which may befall the country and its populace. 

Myself, I blame Corbyn and the labourites, if only they had won the election, covid wouldnt have affected the UK, and no one would have died would they? 😏

Is there a word for someone who just has to have the last word no matter how lame? Troll just doesn't seem to cover it. Maybe the few brain cells in such a persons brain were abused when they were young.

I don't think Either BJ or Matt Hancock were PRIVATE individuals when they allowed patients with covid or covid symptoms to return to care homes were they? 

I don't think Either BJ or Matt Hancock were PRIVATE individuals when the staff in care homes were re-using ppe because there was nothing else were they

When that slimeball Hancock said the Government was ring-fencing the elderly he meant keeping covid on the inside of that ring.

After all, you can't kill the economy because people who were at the end of life were dying right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not a tory and lots of my shooting friends are not tory so to say only tory  shoot is ridiculous and there was many on here that defended DC now he is telling the truth so he says about Boris if true he should be outed 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, toxo said:

 

I don't think Either BJ or Matt Hancock were PRIVATE individuals when they allowed patients with covid or covid symptoms to return to care homes were they? 

 

How did they "allow" patients to be sent anywhere?

Those decisions were made by doctors not politicians. Its the doctors that signed the discharge papers to send covid patients back to care homes. I can't believe for one minute that they didn't fully understand the implications of what they were doing.

Care homes are not isolation hospitals, they have no facilities for dealing with what was thrust upon them by the NHS 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

there was many on here that defended DC now he is telling the truth

I was one of them - based on what he stated at the time (the Downing Street garden interview).  He said he had done various things for various reasons and hadn't broken the law.  On the basis that there was no one able to show he had broken the law, I did defend him.  He was under a lot of pressure with the gutter press hounding him and his family and I felt at the time he deserved the benefit of the doubt.  However, coming up to date two major changes have happened that mean I no longer either defend or believe him;

  1. He has admitted that he didn't tell the (whole) truth in the Downing Street garden interview
  2. He has betrayed employer/employee confidentiality, and claimed he (and unspecified others) had considered 'replacing' a just elected Prime Minister, and has allegedly said he now intends to ruin him.

These are not the actions of anyone who has any place in any form of senior management, government, or organisation.  They are childish vengeful actions, and (in my humble opinion) verging on the obsessive and unstable.  Furthermore - he said before he was telling the truth - and now he says he wasn't.  Does he even know what truth means?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

I am not a tory and lots of my shooting friends are not tory so to say only tory  shoot is ridiculous

 

No shooting man should support a party which is against their entire way of life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...