• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

That’s why you’re sat watching not shooting 🤣

Joking aside, it’s not good to watch on TV.

Your not wrong,  but when I started to concentrate fully I could sometimes make out the going away clays.

Really enjoyed it as it's not something I've seen before properly,  the standard was amazing. 

Sooo...we've got grapefruits, dead fish, goofy stances, stale fish. I've got no idea what it all means, but it was actually quite dull...until Sky Brown came on. She looked a cut above in the heats. But that's the heats. She'll be in the final, but I've got no idea when the final is. I'm not sure I can take many more teenagers just cruising round doing ollies.

On 04/08/2021 at 02:30, chrisjpainter said:

Sooo...we've got grapefruits, dead fish, goofy stances, stale fish. I've got no idea what it all means, but it was actually quite dull...until Sky Brown came on. She looked a cut above in the heats. But that's the heats. She'll be in the final, but I've got no idea when the final is. I'm not sure I can take many more teenagers just cruising round doing ollies.

I saw the repeat of the final and it was quite good, but then today the men were on, and it made the women look slow and dull in comparison,  it was like it was on fast forward,  faster, bigger and better. 

The fly weight boxer this afternoon was good.

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

50km Walk. This is an utterly ludicrous event.

Yep, but then I think that about the sailing events as well.

9 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Women’s Madison … different league doesn’t really do it justice.

Take a bow girls …

Utterly incredible, eh? 10 of the 12 sprints, including the first three and the big double last. Twice as many points as the second place team! crazily skilled riding to hold hands and for your partner on at those speeds

Edited by chrisjpainter

7 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Utterly incredible, eh? 10 of the 12 sprints, including the first three and the big double last. Twice as many points as the second place team! crazily skilled riding to hold hands and for your partner on at those speeds

Superb effort! So proud of them. 

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Nice to see Yafai winning the gold medal. A professional career awaits - following in both his brothers' footsteps.

Just watched the replay, he was outstanding,  a real credit to boxing. 

15 hours ago, Diver One said:

Javelin chucking...I admire the faith the judges have in where the pointy stick is going to land.  It don't miss 'em by much

I said the same and rewound it yesterday,  I said imagine the headlines Olympics official killed by javelin!!