Alas poor Shakespeare

old'un

The change was sparked by a letter from students last year that described the current course as being dominated by ‘white, cisgendered male authors’, and centred on the ‘privileged, white, male experience’.

It accused the department of being ‘complicit in upholding exclusionary, erasive, patriarchal, heteronormative and white supremacist standards’.

My God - I never knew!!!! Please forgive me for being so wrong for all these years - and centuries.

Anybody seen/read Noughts & Crosses - this is what they want our history to be!!

2 hours ago, old'un said:

More woke nonsense, University of East Anglia is removing the works of Shakespeare from its courses in what it calls the “decolonising of the English language”

whatever next…https://twnews.co.uk/amp/uk-news/english-operated-as-a-language-of-the-coloniser-students-are-told

Wasn't that the same University that was at the centre of the climategate scandel  el a few years ago?

Oh yes!

People working to an agenda rather than honesty.

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, sorry 🤔🙄

Most people who are assigned female at birth identify as girls or women, and most people who are assigned male at birth identify as boys or men. These people are cisgender (or cis). 

What used to be known as normal! :cool1:

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh yes!

People working to an agenda rather than honesty.

Most people who are assigned female at birth identify as girls or women, and most people who are assigned male at birth identify as boys or men. These people are cisgender (or cis). 

What used to be known as normal! :cool1:

Hello, Ah ok 👍

2 hours ago, old'un said:

More woke nonsense, University of East Anglia is removing the works of Shakespeare from its courses in what it calls the “decolonising of the English language”

whatever next…https://twnews.co.uk/amp/uk-news/english-operated-as-a-language-of-the-coloniser-students-are-told

Paragraphs 5 and 6

9 minutes ago, clangerman said:

unis are now just brain washing establishments used to remove any free will or thought the young may have 

Students have always traditionally been Bolshevik/left wing. Some of them learn more sense eventually and grow out of it.

3 hours ago, old'un said:

More woke nonsense, University of East Anglia is removing the works of Shakespeare from its courses ......

This twaddle from UEA brings to mind a little quote from Shakespeare:

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

University of East Anglia is to ‘decolonise’ its courses following demands from students, but they do not say what percentage of students are demanding this change.

The UK’s track record may have its flaws, as do most countries, but I am proud of my country and its history, why are these youngster so bent on trying to rub out history, what do they hope to achieve by it?

If this is all off the back of BLM (George Floyd) then I think someone needs to look at more recent history of the 20th century and the genocide in Africa, where around 10 million people were murdered.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

If this is all off the back of BLM (George Floyd) then I think someone needs to look at more recent history of the 20th century and the genocide in Africa, where around 10 million people were murdered

Shhhhh you must not cloud the hard left clear waters with inconvenient facts:whistling:

history has good and bad in it     to remind us not to repeat bad      daylight robbery  come from taxes on the size of windows in thatched cottages   usually two very small ones while the aristococarcy  lived in grandeur  huge everything       my grandparents in Ireland on both sides  lived in thatch cottages until the 70s  and after  inc out side privy and water from a well    worked hard manually every day to survive as subsistence farmers   running water in house was unbelievable to either grandmother    cold      i dont read and right verry well  was not through lack of trying the rest of my family got it    i   just got beaten more and more every day  while grandfather could copper plate wright coach me and wrote beautifully      i didnt get it      not stupid   good with my hands and can figure things out         but beaten every day     school was not a pleasant experience for me      dyslexic            was i wrong     or teachers  who couldnt help me   who can only read a book       but i can build the house they live in and possibly repair  the car they drive    and what doesnt work in their home i can fix       who was stupid            nowadays  help is available   (so from history we have learned )    the good or bad  can be improved  history is a reminder  learn and go forward     when so called students who protest   who affords the lifestyle from overseas or daddy           while others work their buts off   it frustrates me   soon we will be bllllaaah        history will begin at the snowflakes birth  self important    gob****es    an irish word   and unless they are called out on their **** or told to **** off if they dont like it   you come here to learn 

Edited by Saltings

3 hours ago, Saltings said:

history has good and bad in it     to remind us not to repeat bad      daylight robbery  come from taxes on the size of windows in thatched cottages   usually two very small ones while the aristococarcy  lived in grandeur  huge everything       my grandparents in Ireland on both sides  lived in thatch cottages until the 70s  and after  inc out side privy and water from a well    worked hard manually every day to survive as subsistence farmers   running water in house was unbelievable to either grandmother    cold      i dont read and right verry well  was not through lack of trying the rest of my family got it    i   just got beaten more and more every day  while grandfather could copper plate wright coach me and wrote beautifully      i didnt get it      not stupid   good with my hands and can figure things out         but beaten every day     school was not a pleasant experience for me      dyslexic            was i wrong     or teachers  who couldnt help me   who can only read a book       but i can build the house they live in and possibly repair  the car they drive    and what doesnt work in their home i can fix       who was stupid            nowadays  help is available   (so from history we have learned )    the good or bad  can be improved  history is a reminder  learn and go forward     when so called students who protest   who affords the lifestyle from overseas or daddy           while others work their buts off   it frustrates me   soon we will be bllllaaah        history will begin at the snowflakes birth  self important    gob****es    an irish word   and unless they are called out on their **** or told to **** off if they dont like it   you come here to learn 

correct