Plantar Fasciitis

billytheghillie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, ph5172 said:

I had it once really bad to the point I could hardly walk. 
I hobbled out to get a delivery from a Jamaican guy who asked what the problem was….. he said his grandmother and her grandmother had the remedy…… cut an onion in half and rub it on the affected area for a few minutes then go to bed. 

if I ever meet this guy again I will buy him a beer!! It worked and within 48 hours I was running again. 

don’t ask me how or why it worked but it bloody did. 

give it a bash 

I'm thinking don't be ridiculous,  but tomorrow night I'll be cutting an onion in half, nothing to lose. 

On 22/07/2021 at 08:54, Cosmicblue said:

My partner is an ITU nurse and on her feet all day for 12+ hour shifts and suffers, she says these things are life savers:

Plantar Fasciitis Foot Care Compression Socks Sleeve with Arch & Ankle Support

I've not read all the posts but my wife had it and swore that this support worked very well, and also used a tennis ball under the arch of her foot and rolled it gently back and forwards or use a plastic bottle with frozen water in it in place of the tennis ball.

Hope it gets better soon.

10 hours ago, discobob said:

his wife kicked him out!!!

How did you know??

11 hours ago, ph5172 said:

Any joy?

Didn't have any onions in the cupboard when I got home, it was mentioned for me to do it next week when she won't have to smell it 😄😄

13 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Well sitting here with one of those boot splints on my left foot, all day my two feet felt as if they were on fire, even walking does not reduce the pain. Going to start climbing the walls soon, its getting unbearable.

Have you tried the stretching exercises I posted? 

29 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

yes i have been doing them.

This is one of the newer exercises that physios are giving out to patients. When I was studying on my sports therapy course we used a lot of content from these guys.

Hope the link works. Its quite an advanced looking technique but if you have stairs in the house you can improvise.

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Well sitting here with one of those boot splints on my left foot, all day my two feet felt as if they were on fire, even walking does not reduce the pain. Going to start climbing the walls soon, its getting unbearable.

It hurts doesn't it ? 

I tried those boot splint things, no good, insoles relieved the most pain, It was really strange the day it went. 

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

I wear insoles in my work boots similar to these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182390541198?hash=item2a7752cb8e:g:jCAAAOSw3gJZNyCe

These look like a newer version of mine.

It used to be both of my feet but it's just the left at the moment,  I also almost always wear berghaus shoes when out and about because I found an orthopedic sole they do.

20210710_155449.jpg.bdb155aff95da8094e889585cce86230.jpg

I put some of this on my foot probably two weeks ago and the release was instant, I think this was because I'm walking wrong so stretching the tendons and twisting the ankle. 

We were out all day today and it's not been too bad, iced it when we got back as I always do. Treat it like you would a sports injury. 

Now off to bed smelling of onions,  what's the worst that could happen 🤷‍♂️

Started the day fine yesterday which is always a surprise,  anyone who has had this knows you get out of bed and test your foot, see how it feels, before you put full weight on.

Did the onion thing last night, started the day fine ( with a shower 😄) see how we go.

20210725_114724.jpg.c3e5d4dfd767997cb7c7f5236edfea92.jpg

I use two of these as well, this one is solid, the other has some give to it.

https://www.healthandcare.co.uk/achilles-tendon-supports/aircast-plantar-fasciitis-airheel-ankle-brace.html
This is what I had. Cured my plantar which I had in both feet, until they wore out, and then it slowly returned. Bought another pair and wore out those too. Have done the exercises I mentioned ever since and have had no pain now for well over a year. 

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

Started the day fine yesterday which is always a surprise,  anyone who has had this knows you get out of bed and test your foot, see how it feels, before you put full weight on.

Did the onion thing last night, started the day fine ( with a shower 😄) see how we go.

20210725_114724.jpg.c3e5d4dfd767997cb7c7f5236edfea92.jpg

I use two of these as well, this one is solid, the other has some give to it.

How’s it gone all day - I’m convinced in the onion trick