Plantar Fasciitis

billytheghillie

The dropping heels off the step is the best stretch ever. 

In addition to all the other suggestions, my PF was cured by some Western medical acupuncture and assisted stretching by my osteopath. He recommended ice and NSAIDs too but I never did the ice. I think he suggested a frozen 500ml bottle of water to combine the chill with the rolling of the sole. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ph5172 said:

How’s it gone all day - I’m convinced in the onion trick 

Just got in, been out since half 1ish, stood outside all day, just a bit achy today.

Proof will be when I'm mobile or have played rugby,  but I'll onion my foot again later, it can't hurt.

Well I watched tv last night and had a slice 5-10mm thick pressed against my heel by my sock for an hour and a half,  won't lie the foot feels better today, it's the outer edge of the heel which is sore, probably because of how long I've been walking wrong on it, the signs are good, hopefully this continues through the week in work?

@billytheghillie get some onions in,  I'm wondering how I can strap some to my shoulder 😄😄

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Well I watched tv last night and had a slice 5-10mm thick pressed against my heel by my sock for an hour and a half,  won't lie the foot feels better today, it's the outer edge of the heel which is sore, probably because of how long I've been walking wrong on it, the signs are good, hopefully this continues through the week in work?

@billytheghillie get some onions in,  I'm wondering how I can strap some to my shoulder 😄😄

they are on the shopping list :good:

On 22/07/2021 at 21:28, Mice! said:

I'm thinking don't be ridiculous,  but tomorrow night I'll be cutting an onion in half, nothing to lose. 

1 hour ago, ph5172 said:

And how you all laughed - exactly the same as I did until I tried it. 

remember you need to rub the area with the onion as well

I didn't laugh, but I was extremely doubtful,  but I rubbed it good, and brought half an onion to work for tomorrow 😄😄

Seems very odd my foot not aching. 

I've battled with this for years, I have bone spurs on my heels also. Tried all the physios, and sports injury quacks, must have spent about a grand plus on orthotic inserts and shoes with funny looking soles etc..... but I did manage to get rid of it in the end, it worked with a combination of weight loss, wearing good shoes with a good cushioned sole - Clarkes and I took up cycling. I was cycling up to 200km a week - I found using different muscles groups helped a great deal and all of the knots in my calves that were causing the pain disappeared.

Although I've got it back again now in my right foot, this is due to putting on weight again and loosing interest in cycling. But I have been treating it with a combination of heel raises and a spiky ball under my desk at work and it gives good relief, but I need to get the weight off again and go back to cycling.

On 26/07/2021 at 20:50, billytheghillie said:

they are on the shopping list

How you getting on Billy?

I played rugby Saturday,  it's the first time for a long time I've started a game without my foot hurting. 

It was sore afterwards and I iced it later, but compared with how it normally is it was a joy.

But I have been onioning ( new word 😄) it every night, thinking it can't do any harm.

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

How you getting on Billy?

I played rugby Saturday,  it's the first time for a long time I've started a game without my foot hurting. 

It was sore afterwards and I iced it later, but compared with how it normally is it was a joy.

But I have been onioning ( new word 😄) it every night, thinking it can't do any harm.

Just getting on with it, but its still there. Been doing those step exercises and that seems to help. Still trying that boot thing at night. Last resort ONIONS!  

19 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Just getting on with it, but its still there. Been doing those step exercises and that seems to help. Still trying that boot thing at night. Last resort ONIONS!  

I'd start with the onion and do the stretching,  plus I want to see if it works on you 😁

Onions apparently do have anti inflammatory properties so my OH informs me, so they may well be worth a try, but the exercise do work given time. 
Both myself and a mate had it in both feet for years, and neither of us are in pain nowadays. The secret I think is to not stop doing the exercises just because there’s no pain.

I don’t do them as often as I once did, but I still do them now and then.